Myth ii and nvidia geforce - Geiforce cards

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
StJoan

Post by StJoan »

Hey Iron,

Which two files did you need for this glide wrapper to work? I can't find any documentation on this site. There doesn't seem to be any in their zip files either.

St. Joan
The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess but hes pretty sure your fucked.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Get the latest binary, which I think is 0.9 rc7.

Inside the zip is an OpenGlid.ini and Glide2x.dll. Drag those both into your Myth II folder. When you next fire up Myth you'll see 3dfx in the preferences.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Yeah, but Stonecold, everyone knows the nvidia video cards on the mac side aren't that good compared to the ATI Radeons. For PC, I think they're about the same.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Krusader wrote:Yeah, but Stonecold, everyone knows the nvidia video cards on the mac side aren't that good compared to the ATI Radeons. For PC, I think they're about the same.
::didnt know this::

:oO

My first and last ATI card sOOked arse bad!! Where as the 2 nVidia cards I have had since have RoXoRed and havent given me one iota of troubles. ;op

As I explained to St. Joan on HL, the likely cause of her troubles is the fact she has a GeForce MMX, the MMX cards were junk, usually running slower than the previous generation of video cards. :o([/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Axis

Post by Axis »

I have the same card bro and i had a hard time too. As soon as i turned off off Direct input "all was good":)

from main menu > pref screen>control > then take the X off direct input

Maybe that will help
Axis *F*
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Axis, folks using the public beta don't have that yet. In a few days they will though.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
StJoan

Post by StJoan »

Just a quick update....heh I went out on monday and bought a brand new ATI Radeon 9600 card. I never had so much trouble installing ANY hardware ever. Their sofware wouldnt install I ended up having to download drivers from the net becase the cd wouldnt install. So when I had done all that and rebooted my machine my machine wouldnt boot. I ended up having to reinstall the old card. Then I go online to do some research and find out that these cards have bios problems and they make your machine refuse to cold boot (and sometimes reboot). Yet nothing on the ATI site shows any incling they even know about this at all. Needless to say we took the bastard back to the store and got our money back. We are so sick of this machine we ordered a new one from dell. It should be here around May 5th. The new machine will make this one look like a solar powered calculator by comparison. I can't wait. So I won't be buying anymore ATI cards...Thanks :P

St. Joan
The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess but hes pretty sure your fucked.
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

Bah nVidia sucks.. you just can judge ATI by one damned card.. I have only used ATI cards for numerous reasons.. Upon my testing on both macs and windows.. I find that ATI and nVidia are equally stable on MACs.. on windows its a different story. It seems that nVidia chipsets are manufactured by so many vendors that it causes numerous conflicts. If you're going to buy a nVidia card, buy DIRECT FROM NVIDIA.

I tested a 9800XT and a 5900FX and overall I am more satisfied with the ATI 9800XT in terms of performance, stability and features. To date, I've NEVER had a problem with an ATI card and to my knowledge I've had to return a nVidia card 4 times.

Edited By StoneCold on 1082663265
Rubba

Post by Rubba »

There are as many arguements for/against ATI as there are for NVidia ... both have their fair share of issues and will continue to do so.

I could easily say that ATI screwed up on numerous Install discs which shipped in-box and John Q Public is totally unaware of (and only OEM's would know about). But that wouldn't be fair to ATI if they weren't the ones that actually manufactured the installation disc.

And SC is right, Nvidia is a semiconductor company that focuses on digital graphic media/graphic processor solutions ... but similarly, when u dis the chipset manufacturer .. dis them, and not Nvidia.

I have built or installed literally hundreds of cards in systems over the past few years ... I can give horror stories on both ATI/Nvidia ... But bottom line, Imho, both are excellent in their respective products. I as well have both ATI and Nvidia video card products in my own systems.

I will continue to back BOTH ATI and Nvidia ... they are both good solid companies w/solid products.

Err, and Btw Joan ... ahem ... "DELL" is a FOUR letter word. hehehe j/k =D.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Joan try with your old card installed to remove the drivers for your Nvidia card and get the machine booting in just plain old VGA mode.. Once you acheive this then switch video cards and your ATI should come up in VGA mode. Now try installing the ATI drivers, life should be much better.