A few questions... - From a newbie

Talk about anything here.
Caius Pupus

Post by Caius Pupus »

Hello! I'm a newbie to this forum, and I have a few questions about Myth II and its plugins:

1.- How do you install M2 under Windows XP? I've tried to do so, but it tells me about "service pack 5", but I think that is for Windows NT (maybe the installer detects XP as NT). How do I solve this problem?

2.- There will be a 1.5-compatible version of The Seventh God?

I think that were all my questions! Thanks for reading! :)

Farewell!
In my thoughts and in my dreams
They're always in my mind
These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men
And elves
Come close your eyes
You can see them too
[Blind Guardian: The Bard's song - In the forest]
grim

Post by grim »

When it complains about the service pack, alt tab and then copy all the files from your myth2 folder to some other folder and then finish the installation. That worked for me.
:-)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

As for The Seventh God....1.5 reverted back alot of code to the former 1.3 setup. Therefore if you use TSG like you would in 1.3 it will work just fine :) (I've tested it with no ill side effects..played MOST levels) The plugin however DOES have many side effect script bugs that were never addressed before it's final release. The GHOST has been working off and on in rebuilding the plugin with a more solid script base. It will be released some time under the title of The Seventh God v1.4 (I think). Good luck, have fun mything!!
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
The GHOST has been working off and on in rebuilding the plugin with a more solid script base. It will be released some time under the title of The Seventh God v1.4 (I think). Good luck, have fun mything!!
Its in Beta form now, (and has been since before the New Year), and can be located at Magma Hotline in the TSG 1.4 folder in my Public UL folder.

Its basiclly done accept the few issues that were brought up by the few testers /testings it had before I went AWOL to move back to Michigan.

If you care to do some playing testing on the Beta of this, feel free to come to HL and get it, any and all feedback is welcome as I hope to get back into finishing TSG sometime after Myth II 1.5 and my latest map Requiem of the Dead are released.

Same with CoMs Myth: The Great War. Im slowly eeking out more time to spend on Myth and Mapmaking, and hopefully by summer Ill be able to put forth as much time as I used to in the 'good `ol days' ;o)

"But youve had time to work on this Requiem, why not finish the other 2 first ?" you say ??

Well, basically I had a free weekend, hadnt touched Myth in some time since I had moved, and I basically 'threw' Requiem together. Most the work was already done for me via Mazz IV,(ie units, specials, etc etc), so it wasnt all that time consuming a project.

Its since rekindeled my Myth addiction and I have slowly been running off and ignoring real life a bit more each day to Myth. ;o)[/color]

Edited By GHOST® on 1082054522
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Caius Pupus

Post by Caius Pupus »

Thank you very much guys! :)
In my thoughts and in my dreams
They're always in my mind
These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men
And elves
Come close your eyes
You can see them too
[Blind Guardian: The Bard's song - In the forest]