plugin icon - plugin icons aren't visible

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I am having a problem getting plugin icons (the plugin equivalent of pregame pictures) to appear in the plugin icon window when a plugin is selected.

I can apparently load the images fine in Fear (240color(i think) PICT or BMP, I've tried both) - at least Fear doesn't crash or tell me anything went wrong loading the image, but when I create the plug, remove the local folder and start up a game the plugin pic isn't visible. Is there some tag I need to set to tell Myth that there is a plugin icon? Or do I need to manually set the tag ID (##p#?) in Amber? (I didn't think to check this after pluggifying)

Any suggestions? I am sure it's something simple.

[In frustration I even tried duplicating an existing plugin icon tag in Amber and replacing the image but that didn't work either.]
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

The bitmap you're using is in the collection folder of your local folder when you build the plugin? Is it there if you disassemble the plugin back into a local?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

ChrisP, I think I found my problem - or at least a workaround.

Poking around some more I found that if I use Amber to replace the "sequence" bitmap (looks like the regular plugin icon bitmap with a small border of unused color around it) not just the the regular bitmap(s) the plugin icon displays correctly in the plugin selection list. (of course I have no idea WHY I have to replace the sequence image and the Fear import alone doesn't work - but perhaps some mysteries were not meant to be known by mere mortals)

thanks
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.