Myth II Solo bugs - Share your favourite bugs

Talk about anything here.
spectral spirit

Post by spectral spirit »

'Shiver'

* Its possible to kill her before she hides after the initial encounter! I did this within the first 10 minutes. If you scatter your long range troops and mellee and close in at her from several angles, dealing a lot of damage while avoiding her tremor dream.,
(I think a duff cocktail stops it) you may be lucky enough to get her health really low and then finish her from a safe distance with Oderic. It took a lot of save resuming and the good ol' escape button. I lost the film years ago.

* Send Oderic to the utmost edge of the mountain overlooking Phelot and Shiver. Launch a flaming arrow at the Shade and watch him wreak revenge. He'll float over to you and hack away. Its funny. You can't damage him though so send the Deceiver to the camp. Phelot should follow him if his attention isn't distracted by the others. The Deceiver is slightly faster but will take a lot of swipes on the way. Then watch the confrontation. He dies, with a tremor dream. Heal him first.

*'A Murder of Crows'
Have Soulblighter come after you, but make sure your men are positioned on the overlook above the route out of the imprisonment area. He'll run over, and suffer the wrath of a scripting error! Send men occasionally to hack at him but don't overdo it or they'll be cut down. I did this in 2000 so maybe its been fixed since.
A wise man once said that wise men were wasted on fools like me.
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

actually it's possible to kill shiver within 5 seconds after you get a hold of your units :)
spectral spirit

Post by spectral spirit »

Either you're one hell of a player, a Loathing meddler, or partial to a game cheat ..
A wise man once said that wise men were wasted on fools like me.
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

spectral spirit wrote:Either you're one hell of a player, a Loathing meddler, or partial to a game cheat ..
i don't know what myth version you need to watch the M2DQ films:
http://campus.houghton.edu/webs/employees/dperkins/m2dq/
(in news section)

but the shiver level in it took 40 seconds, that is including the cutscene the level starts with

if it doesn't work: the way to do it is distract shiver with your herons when the level starts, while moving your dwarf towards her. When the dwarf is next to her she will attack it with her ground ripple attack causing the satchel charges he carries to explode which will also kill her.
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

for your convenience (sp?) i made a film myself of how to do it, it's here:

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/Myth%202%20Film%20Uploads/shiver
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

thats funny.. i made a film recently of me killing shiver. 100% of the dorfs satchels arent enough to kill her. The method i used was: Pepper her with arrows. about 5, so she doesnt run away. more than 5 and i think she does. Put ALL your units as far back as possible in a straight imaginary line going from shiver to dec. lay all sats behind dec at his starting position. Move dec away until shiver is standing on the satchels, and make oderic flame them at the right time. After that, move oderic up so he has ample room to fire a bunch at shiver. if you do it right, you can usually get her before the last arrow is out of range.

-ooga