Ideas for upcoming patch (if there is one)

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Ludde

Post by Ludde »

Hey!
1) Would it be hard to add a (PM) as in "Private Message" when you're on a team, and someone whispers something to only you, and not the entire team? This would be a neat feature!
2) Making the neutral observers able to chat, pervie drawings on the map is getting old >=/
3) Activate some sort of autocamera when you don't have any units, and the game has started
#3 is pretty lame, but it'd still be cool
LUDDIEEIES
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

1) no idea, the message would still pass through the host so if he hacks he could read em all.
and do you want private messaging to ur team only or to all players? (using a detach-style menu would work to select a player to message to)

2) i think it's mainly a thing so they can't talk and give hints or locations about one team, i didn't know they could draw on the map, but speaking is still easier, indeed

3) try hitting F12 ;)
capital

Post by capital »

Brainbug wrote:2) i think it's mainly a thing so they can't talk and give hints or locations about one team, i didn't know they could draw on the map, but speaking is still easier, indeed
Its boring to sit around and watch as observer only when muted. Best of both worlds would be to have a check box that [dis]allows Observer chatting, that way if the game doesn't depend on "trade secrets" then people can chat freely. This is especially true of coop games where the observer could actually give helpful pointers and have fun chatting etc.
Ludde

Post by Ludde »

Brainbug wrote:1) no idea, the message would still pass through the host so if he hacks he could read em all.
and do you want private messaging to ur team only or to all players? (using a detach-style menu would work to select a player to message to)
you misunderstood me, bb. I'm trying to say that it'd be nice for the one being ADRESSED to know whether it's a message to the whole team, or just a message to him (a PM)
LUDDIEEIES
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

For 1 Ludde, you could just type the persons name in caps or something :P I do agree a direct PM system in games would be convenient, but only on rare occasions. If you can't wait to tell them till after the game, then everyone deserves to hear it maybe.

2 has been answered

3 I think you're implying that if you're say, on a team, and YOU have no units, but all your teammates do... turning on an auto cam THEN? I agree this would be quite a nice feature... If you're cooping for example, it would be nice if you had to go 'afk' to eat or something, to watch your team mates play without having to control anything on the computer... Just watching would be neato. a Live Film.
capital

Post by capital »

Graydon wrote:3 a Live Film.
Television? The Answers are out there.â„¢
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

capital wrote:
Graydon wrote:3 a Live Film.
Television? The Answers are out there.â„¢
TV has a show about mazz? :o
MadDog_rma

Post by MadDog_rma »

You're all missing Ludde's point with the PM thing.

When you're on a team in pregame, messages to the entire team and messages to individuals (PMs) both show up with red background bars. He's asking for some way to differentiate between the two, whether it's using a blue bar for team messages or putting some kind of text in front of a message ("team" or "private").
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

In theory, Private Messages during a game would be simple - and a really neat idea. The actual use of it could be somewhat like when you detach units, but have multiple teammates to choose from.
Like I dunno, hit-Y, then hit a number corresponding to a certain player, or I dunno.

I was under the impression that there were to be no more updates for Myth 2? No more major ones anyway... and I'm pretty sure there'll be no big updates for Os9

I tell you what though. If there is to be another update, I've a wicked idea for a unitmaking improvement:

Projectiles can have what, 8 kinds of damage? (slashing, kinetic, explosive... etcetera). What I really want is something a little more specific.
Like - an object/monster has weaknesses/strengths against particular projectiles.

Say, I've got a cavalry unit. He is weaker against a projectile called 'spearman thrust' or a 'berserk sword swing' projectile.
Things like this can be mimicked already (like certain armoured guys being stronger against kinetic damage) but a more specific way of doing this would allow for realistic stuff like, as I said, cavalry being vulnerable to pikemen or whatever.

Ok, I'm rambling, but I know a good idea when I hear one. This would really add a newer level of coolness to unitmaking. And dumbasses wouldn't have to worry about it, because they could just ignore that level of detail.

As I said, maybe there'll be no further big updates, but if you guys do wind up making one, consider this. Good game plan.
:D
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Mr. T

Post by Mr. T »

I think it would be nice if you could set a timer for Autohosting, where if no one joins after X amount of time it cycles to the next map. And maybe we can customize the auto message?
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

How about being able to set specific units to a number key, like in BFME. Say I want half of my archers in MD (solo) and not all of them, I'd set them to 3, and then be able to hit 3 and have them any time. Double tapping 3 would jump to them instantly. This would make micromanaging a whole lot easier. Another nice option would be a pause key, ala Baldurs Gate, to give a solo player time to plot his strategies (without the menu in the way).
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Not sure of what you mean. Myth already has presets (and ten of 'em too, so I'm sure that'll fulfill your needs).
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

It does? I thought the number keys were for formation settings, not for unit groups.
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Try holding the alt key while pressing 1 thru 0. ;o)[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]My suggestion for a new feature would be a New flag(s) in the attack/melee Map Actions. This new flag(s) would be Ignore Magically Invisble Units/Ignore Transparent Units.

I only bring this up because what could be accomplished with these parameters would be so much easier than the past 24 hours I have spent scripting work arounds to unit not attacking my invisible heroes.

Also, there appears to be a bug wth units going magically invisible and getting paralyzed at the same time, units will freeze permanately in the paralyzed state.

Also, I can think of a few more parameters that could be added to the GEOM Map Action, ie Tests for stoned Units, Tests for Magically Invisible Units, Tests for Transparant Units, etc.

Anyways, just adding to the Myth Wish list, guess I shouldnt have gone AWOL when I did :o([/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"