Mazz V Leg got Pwned

Talk about anything here.
capital

Post by capital »

Guest wrote:
capital wrote:Come, come, elucidate your fuzzy math.
I had only 2 units: Mazz with 250+ kills, and a hg with 70 kills. Post-game stats gave me a total of 532 kills. So Mazz must have had 532-70 = 462 kills.
Interesting... Okay, so what about all the unaccounted for kills? Satchels blowing, cleavers flying, debris denting...
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

in-game kills and post-game kills don't use the same definition of "kill" wismuth (c u in 2 day :D)
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Haha, Wis. Post game stats refer to the actual number of units killed. Here the Watcher counts as only 1 kill, for example.

Unit stats refer to "experience points". Many Mazz V monsters are worth 2 to 5 points, and as you observed, the Watcher is even worth 20.
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

Damn! Well I blame the mapmaker! Is there any example in regular myth where XP != kill? Does killing a trow on "With Friends Like These" give you more than one XP? (I can't it try myself until Sunday)

I'll fix my calculation as follows: Mazz had 250+ XP, my hg had 70 XP (including 20 XP for killing the watcher). So my hg had *at most* 51 kills. Total kills for both were 532. So mazz had *at least* 481 kills.

capital, I remember cleaning the map on Mazz4 with Mate (even suiciding artillery to access those last waves) and we were puzzled for a few minutes as to why the total number of kills was some fair amount less than the total number of monsters as claimed on the Mazz4 page. Then it occurred to us that stuff like a wight attacking, or a ghost duff killing another ghost duff, steal some of our potential kills. Any epic battle has its share of accidental deaths.
capital

Post by capital »

Guest wrote:Does killing a trow on "With Friends Like These" give you more than one XP?
yeah
Alejandro Solissy

Post by Alejandro Solissy »

Wow, signed off myth for 5 years, and I must say I'm very suprised to see such an awesome site and community still supporting myth! Way to go magma team! :)
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

capital wrote:
Wismuth wrote:Does killing a trow on "With Friends Like These" give you more than one XP?

yeah

Ok killing a trow gives 2 XP in regular myth, having checked myself in "With Friends Like These" and "Proving Grounds".
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

Guest wrote:
capital wrote:
Wismuth wrote:Does killing a trow on "With Friends Like These" give you more than one XP?
yeah
Ok killing a trow gives 2 XP in regular myth, having checked myself in "With Friends Like These" and "Proving Grounds".
time for you to take another one of my 36hour off days Wismuth :P
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

The Mazz V heroic writeup has been posted, and can be found by clicking on a link from the mazz5 download page, or, by clicking on the following link:

http://projectmagma.net/mazz5win.shtml

It's not terribly pretty, but hopefully it's sufficient for now, when I have more time i'll make it a little prettier.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Omgz CP, i wanted the Write Up to be like the Mazz IV one! all intense and stuff!! I want to read about some of my lousy Heal Bursts!!

Nah, I'm just kidding, I couldn't do one of those myself.. i'd get bored after the first half hour. But thanks for the compliment man :)

"Without Ara’s superbly focused use of the Paladin to keep the players alive instead of just killing enemies, the team would never have lasted"

Woo.
kickenwing

Post by kickenwing »

"Without Ara’s superbly focused use of the Paladin to keep the players alive instead of just killing enemies, the team would never have lasted"

Woo.

that's just cp's way of saying you sucked
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

kickenwing wrote:that's just cp's way of saying you sucked

There's an inherent paradox in Mazz that maximizing any unit's kill is often not in the best interest of the team. The paladin might be the most extreme example, where you can choose between a paladin with 500 kills who can't keep up with new monsters because the rest of the team is dead, or a paladin with 250 kills and the team at a healthy 80% on its way to victory.
Archer

Post by Archer »

And then there's the fact that every kill past what, 256 is wasted…

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

Not completely wasted. Any kill past 256 doesn't contribute to vetting, but it still removes a menacing monster from the map.
Archer

Post by Archer »

Granted, but in general if you're getting 300+ kills with a given unit other than Mazz Dreaming Thrall odds are you're doing something wrong.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.