Ideas for upcoming patch (if there is one)

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

AHA! My thanks!
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Ludde

Post by Ludde »

Thanks MD, and boo at you with the superman avatar for still not understanding
LUDDIEEIES
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

What? You're talking out of your hat. I didn't misunderstood you, I just ignored you.

Er wait, that's not what I meant.

Are you talking about the chat thing? I wasn't talking about that was I?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Phex

Post by Phex »

My ideas for an upcoming patch (unordered):
<ul>
<li>Content Delivery System: An automatic download will easily save the desired file in you Myth folder. No more waiting and asking for files.</li>
<li>Burning Death for Scenery: Wouldnt it be cool to have different death projectile groups for burned and destroyed scenery?</li>
<li>Autohost enhancements: Random Map Switch, Saving and Loading Authost setups like savegames</li>
<li>Autojoin: Alt-Click on a running game, get a good book and wait for an alert sound when you automatically join the game.</li>
<li>Allow to enter longer names for units: These few Characters are not even enough for regular names.</li>
<li>Scroll down bar for flavor texts: Simple idea and nice possibilites like displaying ALL selected units' names instead of only a few.</li>
<li>Allow to enter longer ingame chat messages: Not so important, but sometimes annoying.</li>
<li>Copy & Paste chat messages: for urls etc.</li>
<li>Allow to whisper to a single player or team: This can be really helpfull when you ally with somebody. Its stupid that you cant talk to your ally without everybody knowing what you are planning.</li>
<li>32 Slot Multiplayer: visionary but ultra-cool.</li>
<li>Veteran Manager: A system which allows to save and load veterans set (groups of units with individual names, kills, etc) from savegames. It should also be possible to allow players to use their veteran sets online, so you could train your coop heroes in multi before going back into solo battle.</li>
<li>Auto Plugin Loader: A list of plugins which can be defined in the option screen. These plugins are loaded automatically when Myth starts. This would allow to display title screens, title music, menus etc. immediately and not only after the first game has been played, which is a bit crappy. It should be fairly easy to implement.</li>
<li>Increased Limits! For units and projectiles. Would be awesome but will not likely happen.</li></ul>
regards,
Phex
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Keep dreaming guys. Myrd hates you anyway, so it won't happen. :P

BTW Thanos, after you have X units selected (whether just by clicking, or by presets) you can hit F to 'find unit' and it WILL center the camera right on them. OR you can click the headshot image of them in the status bar... this also focuses the selected units in your window. :)
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Really? On mine, the default control has always been 'H'.

Upcoming patch? I heard there wasn't going to be one. I thought that was what they said before 1.5 came out anyway. And I'm sick of new patches anyway.

*Things like colourmaps with more than 240 colours, and that idea I had earlier in the thread (about giving unit objects more specific strengths and weaknesses versus individual projectiles, as opposed to classes like 'slashing' and 'kinetic') will never be implemented. So I'm not interested!
*I worry that some older films will not play. I hate that kind of caper!

Someone of the Magma crowd said that any future major updates (if any) would not be MacOS9 friendly. This actually doesn't bother me that much, I've got access to two computers that I can play it on instead of my old iMac. But - it makes LAN playing just that little bit less friendly.

But don't let me stop you! :D
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

iMacs can run OSX... I just wouldnt try panther or tiger on it. 10.2.x Jaguar is running on my 233 iMac no problem.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Really?

Actually - I've never tried it, it's more a matter of disk space for me at the moment.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

additionally, any future patches will be 1.5.1 compatible, which means, that people using OS 9 can still get by with 1.5.1.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net