Import music as multiplayer sounds...

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

Hi!

How can I put in a musicfile instead of: "the flag was captured" or "Flagge erobert" in German?

It should have nice soundquality
It should go on until the sound relly finished
It should be ca. one min. !
I already put in one, but the quality is really bad...!)

I hope you know what I mean (What I say...?!!?¨¨¨)

mfg
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

First, let me say you might be doing yourself more harm than good. I say that because replacing the sound "Flag captured" with a minute of music can severely limit a net game. Here's why: let's say you are playing a net game with multiple flags (something like Territories on Trow). If you lose a flag, you hear a sound "Flag lost" or if you capture a flag you hear "Flag captured". With several flags, you could hear "Flag captured" three times in just a few seconds. If you replace the sound with a minute of music, it will start overlapping or playing way too long after you have caputured then lost a flag.

I am not saying don't do it - I'm saying be careful how you do it.

But to answer your question, here's how you replace a sound using Fear. First, you need a 16-bit, 22Khz AIFF sound file compressed with IMA 4:1. QuickTime player can easily export this. Open Fear, go to 'Sounds' and double click on 'internal flag captured'. Double-click on permutation "09fc" then click on "Import" and select your sound file. If all went well, your new sound should be played when a flag has been captured.

Viel Glück!
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

Thats good! THX

And now:
How can I put an already existing file to a situation...
for example:
A dwarfsound instead of "Flagge erobert"!?!

mfg

Gamer