OOS! OOS! Why?! - I keep getting OOS when trying multi

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

I keep getting OOS errors when playing with my friend. He's on a Wi-Fi connection, and I'm plugged in - same network of course. We do TCP/IP. This is definitely the same version of Myth II on each comp because I just dumped my copy onto his to make sure everything was up to date.

Here's the last log:
2006-01-21 20:39:51
Myth II Build 261 running under MacOS 1044 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_Classic
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Running OpenGL at 640 x 480, 16 bit
Starting mesh "UTBx Desert (Soulblighter's Revenge)" with 1 plugin...
Magma - UTB Expansion Pack
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for monster definition 'fogk'.
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #584: unit definition postprocess failed on 'Forest Giant keep'.
Starting mesh "UTBx Rest in Pieces (Legends)" with 1 plugin...
Magma - UTB Expansion Pack
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for monster definition 'myco'.
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #584: unit definition postprocess failed on 'myrmidon (coop)'.
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for monster definition 'fg '.
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #584: unit definition postprocess failed on 'Forest Giant'.
Starting mesh "-UTB- Venice" with 1 plugin...
Magma - Ultimate Team Battles
2006-01-21 20:42:14 OUT OF SYNC
OOS occurred at line 1054 in monster_commands.c - game time: 677
Quitting networked game...
Closing Myth.

We're also having trouble getting just about any UTB map to actually work. They load and then kick us back to the main menu. Fun. SOME do work, but very few.

This is a relatively fresh Myth II. I recently re-installed it, upped it to 1.5.1c, installed all the plugins from the total codex and worlds and downloaded the rest (mostly from here on Magma).

Any thoughts? I have other plugins that kick back to the menu.

Oh, and the first game we played tonight that got OOS (only on my computer) was without any plugins.

I saw elsewhere on these forums that bad RAM can cause OOS, like on playing replays, but the RAM in this machine should be in tip top shape. It's never given me a problem before and it's fairly new. That is, I installed it late last year. This computer also gets very little use. (700 MHz G3 iBook, OS X 10.4.4)
Waagh!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Remove your local folders, since on TCP/IP, any changes in the local folder do affect gameplay (unlike a metaserver, where the local folder is ignored). If that doesn't work, take a film and check if the OOS is visible through the film (if it happens the same way when viewed on each machine).

As for UTB, you MUST use vTFL when playing them, else you will get the main menu crash.

Edited By Myrd on 1137908490
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

Thanks Myrd. I'll give that shot next time I lug my old iBook over to my friend's house. It's funny that I spend money repairing the computer only to use it for occassional LAN gaming and cataloging my comic book collection...
Waagh!