Should Magma make more updates?

Talk about anything here.

Should Magma make more updates?

Yes, I have a 11 page feature request list typed and ready to post.
44%
Yes, if Myth stagnates it'll die sooner rather than later.
22%
Depends on what new features would be added, but I guess so.
24%
Only if I don't have to know about it until it's finished.
2%
Oh God, where's my 1.3.2 disc.
7%

Total votes: 41

William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

In game mute? Sorry, it's a terrible idea. If someone screws up they deserve to be held to account! And if they can't handle a good old fashioned Myth-style grilling, then they can f*** off back to the lobby.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
sillek

Post by sillek »

The limit is not 512 for me. Once I hit about 200 or so I get a hard crash when clicking the 'Plugins' button in the New Game window.

iMac G4 800MHz, 512MB RAM and 10.3.9 [not Tiger]

The game plays fine, I just can't click the Plugins button when creating a game.

EDIT: Blame Baak for me having so many plug-ins. All of his plug-ins are about 10-20 files each.

RDF + UGR + Airships + Ducks + Catapults + BoD [not Baak's] = 67 plug-ins
Err, if Lightning/Bloody balls 1.01b aren't old, then it's up to 69 files.

Then another 10-20 for ball flippers, heavy balls, etc...
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I have about 220 in my plugins folder on OS X, and all is well.
sillek

Post by sillek »

Try it at 300 or close to it. I have 284 items in my plug-ins folder [including patches,etc] and Myth just crashed when clicking Plugins. Myth log is empty.
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

I'm sorry I couldn't find any film/screenshot to support my autohost bug claim. Maybe I should start autohosting again. This reminds me of another issue: It's not fun to discard that 20 FFA game rotation series just so you can autohost a series of mazz games, so I was trying to build a collection of "autohost" files in the safest possible way: always quitting myth before swapping an autohost file for another. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Strange. I really hope the autohost file is self-contained (i.e. myth doesn't store any meta information about it in "game" or elsewhere).
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

William Wallet wrote:In game mute? Sorry, it's a terrible idea. If someone screws up they deserve to be held to account! And if they can't handle a good old fashioned Myth-style grilling, then they can f*** off back to the lobby.
Annoying people spam games and rather than respond to them I would rather not see what they have to type and focus on the game. However whatever they type keeps popping up on the screen forcing me to notice. If I could mute them myth would be much more enjoyable. I don't understand why this is a terrible idea. If you don't want to hear any more from a person you should be able to squelch them and keep playing your game.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Wis: Yes, the autohost prefs file is self-contained. When you're swapping the files, make sure to leave only one autohost prefs file inside your prefs folder (even if you rename it, Myth might still scan it, since it loads prefs very similarly to how it loads plugins & stuff).

Edited By Myrd on 1138827558
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I kinda agree with Zak. I mean, muting in the lobby is ok, so why not in the game as well? I imagine the only exception being if you're on the same team as a player, in which case muting could be a disaster.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I don't think anybody uses the mute feature anyway so it is a moot point.

One thing I would like to be changed for the next Myth II release would be to have a 0.5 second delay between when shift is pressed while in the lobby and when the "New" game button changes to "Autohost". The flashing is very annoying when typeing in the chatbox, and a minor delay would prevent it.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Lmao. You think muting in-game is a moot point, but flashing buttons isnt?! HA.

Quite honestly, Agravated rank h00rz are WAY more annoying (especially when bitching non-stop) than a button changing when you hit shift. I just found it ironic. lol.

Edited By Graydon on 1138906117
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

I think you should still be able to mute teammates. If somebody on your team just wont shut up you should be able to mute them. If you lose a game because you couldn't hear someone it's your fault for muting them. I think mute should be introduced into gameplay for use at a player's own discretion.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

My solution is to never read in-game chat in the first place. Who wants to be distracted when there's all this glorious carnage to admire? That's like watching TV while having sex.

Zak, you should register for this forum, silly.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I've never heard anything so insane... if the ingame chat is enough to make you lose the game then how on earth do you cope with real people???

I think I know of what I speak, considering it's *me* that this is all about. I *am* the annoying player during games... but really, if people can't take a joke that's their problem. At least I don't "mean" any of the stuff I say.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
tb

Post by tb »

ChrisP wrote:My solution is to never read in-game chat in the first place. Who wants to be distracted when there's all this glorious carnage to admire? That's like watching TV while having sex.
since when do computer programmers have sex? :(

also i find that when my wife wants to watch "Fraiser" or "Will and Grace", it's much better to try and have sex than to watch those shows

also, do not update myth ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again

ever

seriously
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

[/quote]
"also, do not update myth ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again". he says
what do mean we should never update it?!? crazy new mapmaking features are waiting to be discovered, and who will use them well?
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.