Armageddon Universe Crash! - Help me!!

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Well folks, I've been experiencing some kind of weirdo crashes on Armageddon Universe recently. The map just crashes on different parts of the game, at different time.
When i check the log it just says: Myth crashed! Doesnt say why!! Can someone gimme any tip of what it could be? Or how could i localize the font of the problem?
Thx lot, Soul.
Soulblaster
Baak

Post by Baak »

This is totally from left field, but I had the same error message last night while testing a map where a unit I added had a turning speed of 360, which was converted into 0.

Ran the map and BOOM: "Myth Crashed!" (no kidding, I thought to myself while reading the error message!)

As I said, this is probably not the same cause, but is interesting the first time I've ever seen this error message was just last night! :)
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Were you using 275? It fixed a bug that was caused by the harass map action not having enough memory allocated. I know AU was using some ROTD scripting which had that bug. Using the latest build and repeating the crash and saving the film on a mac for Myrd would be the best way to identify or fix the bug.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Yeah, I've been on 275 recently..Unfortunaly I have a pc, and its not possible to identify an error watching the film ..so I heard. Very interesting also is the fact that Fury, most of the time, crashes when someone blows up a catapult! I've checked everthing on fear and loathing related to this tag and everthing seems normal..I'm just puzzled. Well, keep going guys, mb someone can light up a tinny sparkle in the end of the tunnel..:)
Soulblaster