Body count points

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Probably a simple question. Where exactly do you increase the number of BC points a unit gives when killed?
Thanks
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

trading point cost.

I dont really know how it works, but as far as I know if a unit costs 1 point, he gives 1 or 2dmg. With 4 pts he gives 11dmg(same as ww2 soldier) I dont think it is a linear formula. Could be exponential
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I've never really paid much attention to netgame mechanics as such, but I've always been under the impression that the amount of BC 'points' you have is strictly the amount of damage you cause. You get damage for wounding a unit, not just killing one.

In that case it's the unit's HP/vitality that determines it, in objects in Fear you can look up object tags for units to get their vitality values.

So, you have a ghast with vitality 2.500, cause 5.000 damage to it, you get 2.500 points I think as that's the damage the enemy was made to suffer.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

no haravikk.

Trading point cost.

Give a ghast 2000000000 vitality and he'll still give you one damn point of BC dmg. Now give your ghast a trading cost of 100 and see how much you get.

Another proof : Look at myth III, BC points are always in the 500-600 range. This is because most of the units trading cost are doubled.