New here, first post.... - Advice?

Talk about anything here.
Earl Grey

Post by Earl Grey »

I used to play Myth way back in the day...now I want to play again, if possible.

I just got a new iMac 2.1 ghz G5 running 10.4.6. I have the Myth 1.5 update, and I can play one-player, but I'm wondering if I should or shouldn't update to 1.5.1?

Also, what do I need to do in order to be able to play with my buddy over the 'net? What settings must I alter? I suppose Ill browse around in here and see what I cn find, but I'm anxious to get started!!

Thank you for supporting Myth all this time!!! I'm so happy!!
-Earl Grey
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

you're best to go to 1.5.1, as if you ever want to venture into multiplayer on playmyth.net that's what everyone is using.

To play with your buddy, you could either use TCP/IP or playmyth. For the former, one of you would go into Multiplayer, choose Other then Host a game. The other player does the same but clicks Join and enters the 1st player's IP address.

For Playmyth you both need to get accounts (which is easily done via their website and then arrange to login through Myth and meet in a certain room. Its a lot easier than the TCP/IP option.

Any questions or problems don't hesitate to ask :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

It is better to play on Playmyth.net than on TCP/IP as you can also play with other people. If you only want your friend(s) to join a particular game, you can set a password.