Collection List

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Someone should make a list of every non-standard collection that has been created for Myth and the plugin where they can be found along with the author's name. This way anyone who was looking for that special unit or model could easily find it and contact the author for permission to use it in their own plugin. If you know of a unit or model that is original it would be great if you could list it here. (unit/plugin/author)
Industry

Post by Industry »

I think Welly made such a list.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Industry wrote:I think Welly made such a list.
Yeah, I actually sent him a list of I think over 1000 custom units used in different maps/plugins - don't know what ever became of it though.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

It would be great if someway, somehow I could get my hands on that list.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Nameless wrote:It would be great if someway, somehow I could get my hands on that list.
It's a bit raw at the moment (and lost on my hard drive somewhere) and not uptodate as I created it several months ago, but I'll try to locate it and get it into some kind of semi-presentable format.

If I haven't posted about it in a couple of weeks feel free to remind me.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Before you get too excited, you should realize their aren't really 1000 custom units--or at least not that many with collections. As I recall, the list in question was the result of a program that scoured the units in every plugin Vinyl had (ie the stuff that would be in the "units" folder if you extracted the plug's tags), and listed them. Many are duplicates, and most are haxors. That doesn't mean it's not a useful list; I found some interesting stuff in there. But Welly's list is more user-friendly and much more concise.

By the way, I have a copy of both lists, and can upload them if there is trouble finding either one.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

vinylrake wrote:It's a bit raw at the moment (and lost on my hard drive somewhere)

I've got the feeling that VR's hard drive is worth its weight in gold. Like opening up King Tut's tomb or uncovering part of the Library at Alexandria, there's probably some priceless treasures in there. :;):
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

A-Red wrote:Before you get too excited, you should realize their aren't really 1000 custom units--or at least not that many with collections. As I recall, the list in question was the result of a program that scoured the units in every plugin Vinyl had (ie the stuff that would be in the "units" folder if you extracted the plug's tags), and listed them. Many are duplicates, and most are haxors. That doesn't mean it's not a useful list; I found some interesting stuff in there. But Welly's list is more user-friendly and much more concise.

It was a while ago, but I *think* that the list I sent was of units with non-bungie standard collection tags.

The extraction/reporting was a little more sophisticated then you described. I can't say how unique a unit's appearance is, but units that just had fear tweakage wouldn't have shown up in the list. The list should have contained only units whose Monster and Collection reference tags weren't bungie standard ones. Obviously if someone modified one pixel of one unit's animation and made a new collection I wouldn't have been able to figure that out by looking at the tags themselves.

That said, I can't seem to locate my copy of the list so my faulty memory could just be making stuff up.

If you wouldn't mind sending it to vinyrake AT gmail.com I would appreciate having a copy of both my and Welly's list.

thanks.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Killswitch wrote:
vinylrake wrote:It's a bit raw at the moment (and lost on my hard drive somewhere)
I've got the feeling that VR's hard drive is worth its weight in gold. Like opening up King Tut's tomb or uncovering part of the Library at Alexandria, there's probably some priceless treasures in there. <!--emo&:;):
Heh, you don't know the half of it.