What about BoB?

Talk about anything here.
Nameless

What about BoB?

Post by Nameless »

I found 2 Marathon tagsets for myth. One is 'Somewhere in the Heavens' I'm not sure who the author(s) are. The other is by Vista Cartel. After dissasembling the tags and looking at these, they seem somewhat incomplete and unbalanced. In addition I could only find a very few multiplayer maps made for them, none of which I have seen nor heard of being played. Were there ever any SP Campaigns or other MP maps? A myth to marathon total conversion sounds like a good idea to me, why was it just abandoned?
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Do you have the "MaraMyth" ones? It's a tagset and 8 or 9 maps.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

No, where can I get it?
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

SiTH is better in my opinion, but both have flaws. SiTH has Devlin and BoBs that enjoy shooting eachother in the backs, while ISOYG (I'll S'pht On Your Grave) is just too slow and the units had too much health.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Marathon-Myth conversions maps I know of (some might be duplicates i don't have these all to compare)

MaraMyth Total Conversion unitset (by tychomax) - this had unit tagset plug plus 8 net maps, and 1 coop map.
Maramyth : Where Angels Come From (netmap)

Blast Pack (Marathon TC unit set) - this is probably the same thing as a mapset called "I'll S'pht On Your Grave - Blastpackl"

I'll S'pht On Your Grave (tagset) (this is the one by Vista)
ISOYG (I'll S'pht On Your Grave) -- this is a netmap that uses the ISOYG units
ISOYG: Frog Blast the Vent Core
ISOYG: Will Work Pfhor Food

SiTH (Somewhere In The Heavens) -- a Marathon unit conversion by Astro the Space Duck
Three Eyes on the Plains - net map designed for use with the SiTH units

There's also a map called "Urban Marine" or "Town Marine" that was designed for use with the SiTH units.

Starship Troopers: Mission 1 is a solo map that uses Marathon Units (El Bastard's)

Other than links at the myth map atlas I don't know where to find these. I will warn you most of these don't have links at the atlas.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
TheHelmet

!

Post by TheHelmet »

Heh, the second time I came into this thread looking to see if you were referring to the order BoB. :lol: