quick question myth2 1.6

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
mcchaz0

quick question myth2 1.6

Post by mcchaz0 »

umm, this patch..didnt happen to install anything outside of myth2 or anything that would affect my video..did it? after restarting my comp later the day of installing my video keeps scrambling for some reason :\ cant figure out what it is
mcchazo

Post by mcchazo »

hmmm..well i uninstalled the omega drivers i was using..i never even had updated them when this problem started...

alienware dosnt support this model laptop anymore and so i cant download the correct official drivers so i always depended on omega

anyways i found different tweaked drivers, NGO, and the problem seems to be gone for now..i hope.. ::goes to restart computer once more::
mcchazo

Post by mcchazo »

sighs..wtf would cause mass video scrambling...dont tell me the video card went bad..
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

A Myth update doesn't change anything on your system outside of its own folder.
mcchazo

Post by mcchazo »

hmmm well i formatted my computer and installed the video drivers..same problem again... i got pissed and shook it for about 20 seconds and the comp died..i was like fuck..then sat it back down and it started back up as if it was in standby or something...it looks to be fixed now? im afraid to restart the computer...
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

My guess is a faulty LCD or a loose plug somewhere. Shaking the comp while it's running can damage the hard drive by slamming the needle against the heads.