Epiclore

Talk about anything here.
Caius Pupus

Epiclore

Post by Caius Pupus »

Epiclore is a finnish band of progressive symphonic metal (!).Today, while wondering in internet I've found the cover and the tracklist of Epiclore's demo "Into demise and victory". The man in the drawing resembled me a lot of the Summoner and the tracklist was "They war the Fallen Lords". "Cycle of light and darkness" and "Expedition (into demise and victory)". "Wow", I though, "This is quite Myth-ish". But the real surprise came when I read the parts of this last song: "I: Prologue","II: Theme of the Legion","III: Through the Province","IV: Captured in Stone",": Northbound",VI: Before the Gates of Hell" and "VII: Finale (At the Fortress)". So, I've googled their webpage and read the lyrics; and they are really Myth-based. I've also asked them in the guestbook if the lyrics were inspired by myth and they answered affirmatively!

The music? Well, I haven't heard it :D (I'm at work), but I'm gonna donwload the songs in their webpage and give'em a try.

PS: I'm not affiliated with them in any way, If you you think so :)
In my thoughts and in my dreams
They're always in my mind
These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men
And elves
Come close your eyes
You can see them too
[Blind Guardian: The Bard's song - In the forest]
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

wow, that's really interesting

thanks for the heads up.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Sounds kind of late 1980's orchestral-synth-not-quite-dance-pop rockish. (Asia)

Interesting find - thanks for the link.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.