Myth ii 1.5 public beta #2 released - Comments, questions, suggestions?

Talk about anything here.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

For those of you who don't read the news page:

Finally, after another month of hard labour, sweating blood, burning midnight oil and using tired cliches, 1.5 Public Beta #2 is ready for the mything community to run it through the ringer.

This update addresses bugs found in Public Beta #1 and adds a few final enhancements. This, in addition to the bug fixes and inovative interface enhancements introduced in Public Beta #1. For mapmakers, 1.5 offers a slew of enhancements that will have your eyes popping and your imaginations in overdrive.

Most importantly though, is that this plays well. We plan on a final release in late May, unless there are bugs found that require another beta cycle. It is vital that any problems you find are reported to us (use the Bug tracker) as soon as possible to ensure that they are addressed. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on our Forums.

Please note that 1.5 is not compatible with 1.4.x or 1.5 Public Beta #1. 1.4.x & 1.5 PB#1 games will appear red and vice versa. A full list of the changes from 1.4.4 to the present beta are listed Here. For a list of only what's changed between Myth II 1.5 Public Beta #1 and PB#2, click Here.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
SneakAttack

Post by SneakAttack »

When I auto-installed the OS X version it reset my Myth II folder privileges ownership to (unknown) making it impossible to write anything to it, thus the game would crash when loading as it couldn't write any preferences or data for that matter to the folder. I had to go in and change the privileges myself to get the game to run. Dunno what happened but this should probably be looked into...
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

You guys made this public without fixing the permissions issue!??!

:(
CIK

Post by CIK »

The permissions are set to read write for all and the group is set to admin.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

CIK wrote:The permissions are set to read write for all and the group is set to admin.
cik lol you just swapped the file with a new one!
Acheron LoA&BME
CIK

Post by CIK »

Could someone who's having permission problems do a ls -l of there Myth II directory and post it here. Along with what OS version they are using and if they play using an Admin account.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Ok I have taken a sledge hammer to the problem. The install will blow wide open the perms on the directory the app is installed into.

The new install will be available shortly.