Same old goddamn story for passworded games

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

Same old goddamn story for passworded games

Post by GodzFire »

You know, it's times like this that makes me not even want to play Myth anymore. It's bullshit when you wait well in advance for a game, like tonight; waiting in lobby hour/30 mins for everyone to arrive and get something set up.

Then it comes game time, and of course, there's that lovely addition of a password. Been waiting a long time to get in? Sorry, but if you aren't "selected", all you get is the joy of watching everyone else around you going in 1 by 1, waiting for someone to hopefully tell you the password which you've been here the entire time for. Of course, like tonight, that doesn't happen.

If it seems like I'm mad, you're damn right! I'm sick of it. We first only have 11 players with 1 extra spot, but somehow end up with 14 people, and me getting left out. I sit patiently and wait for the game, and then someone just swaggers in and gets premium treatment. I'm not talking about Chris since he made the thing and is important.

Say whatever you want about me. Say I'm a whiner or a crybaby. The fact remains, it's pretty low to leave someone out like that. Goodbye and good riddance.
capital

Re: Same old goddamn story for passworded games

Post by capital »

GodzFire wrote:"".
I agree.
Mud

Post by Mud »

You're a whiner and a crybaby
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Hell, it happens.
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

If it makes you feel any better, I host un-passworded 16-player Mazz games whenever possible.
Look for me whenever you're online.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

(Note, player limit is 14)

nevermind

-DA
Last edited by Death's Avatar on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Uh, Godz, I'm nearly positive I PMed you the password while there was still room. Dunno if you were afk or what, but there were about 20 people clamoring to get into a 14 player game. It gets hard to keep track of who is actually planning to play or not, so eventually enough other people got the password and the game filled up. Trust me, I've always hated passworded games, and the only reason we use them currently is to get friends (like you) in, not to keep anyone out. If co-ops could handle more players, we wouldn't password them.

Sorry you missed the game; it was a good one. But if it's any consolation, we lost again. :P

P.S. Get a headset and join us on Vent. Then there's no chance of accidently getting left out.
Last edited by ChrisP on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
capital

Post by capital »

Death's Avatar wrote:(Note, player limit is 14)

-DA
1) It's "General Discussion" for a reason
2) There's a beef and people should take all perspectives into account when hosting a coop, which in part should ally players instead of the FFA madness.
3)Have fun playing myth.
Last edited by capital on Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Its been a long time since I had any fun playing Myth. About 3 or 4 minutes at least.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I do apologize for my rather emotional nature last night, but there's one thing I need you guys to understand. After this past week of almost turning into a zombie having stayed up and played during the week and only getting 5-6 hours of sleep if I'm lucky before waking up for college, I just can't do that anymore. I actually had to leave a class because I was so disoriented.

Because of that, I realized I can only play now (at least the late games, which is the only time there's a good group), is Friday and Saturday night; that's it. That's why I was so mad yesterday because I had nothing on tap, could sleep well in, and get to play with a good team.

I don't want to burn bridges with anyone, I just hope you guys can understand where I am coming from, and why this upset me so much.

PS- What is the connection information for Ventrillo I need. I can set that up today.

PSS- I will be on tonight (Sat), so hopefully we can get something going.
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

5 to 6 hours and ur "disoriented"....thats like a good 2 nights of sleep for me...lifes only gonna get worse for you my friend...

...Giz
mcchazo

Post by mcchazo »

if it's possible to get the vent info PM'd my way I would love to join in for some maz games if they are still going in a week or two when I'm back up and running. If it has a high quality codec running on it I might not be able to though, my connection at the uni dosn't seem to like it much