how to make maps/units for myth 2??

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Anything you change in Fear and Loathing is saved in the LOCAL folder inside your Myth2 folder. It doesn't alter the core game files, which are in the TAGS folder.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

alzapa wrote:
Eddaweaver wrote:
alzapa wrote:were can I get some color maps that are pre-maid? I am not a artest I just want to mess around with some pre-maid color maps.

thanks for the help
You can open a map in Loathing and export the colormap to save as a .bmp or .pict file.
will that mess with the map I took the colormap from, or just make a copy of it?
If you look at any of the mapmaking articles they explain that there are several components that make up a map.

The color map is like a 'skin' that sits on top of other stuff it's the part of a map you see - and it's just a normal 8-bit pict (mac) or bmp (windows) graphics file. There's more to it than that of course, but when you export a colormap from loathing you are kind of doing a 'save as' of the colormap. The original map including the color map you copied, the displacement map, the terrain map, the reflection map, the scenery, the units, any scripting will still be part of the original map - all you did was make a copy of the colormap image.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Dethdukk

Post by Dethdukk »

Slightly off topic, but in any case: I have installed myth 1.6, with which came (supposedly) fear/loathing 1.5.2 I think. However, whenever I start 1.52, it automatically starts the normal. Anyone got a solution?