Special Forces 2?

Talk about anything here.
Phex

Special Forces 2?

Post by Phex »

Hello!

I recently found a late Beta of Special Forces 2 on hl.udogs.net, but it didnt seem as if there was any progress. So I wonder if this plugin will ever be released or not. Does anybody have any informations?

regards,
Phex
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

If its ever released, someone should organise a tournie. So many people that don't play much anymore were exited by it I think it could bring back some faces. And it would be bloody fun to see a tournie that's not reg or WWII.
Bou

Post by Bou »

I was wondering the same thing Phex. I check projectmagma's site and udogs almost every day and i see no info about the progress or release date. So can someone give us an update about SF2 and maybe the other projects of magma?
ozone

Post by ozone »

After a long needed break I am happy to say I'm back working on SF2 development. I'll post here with more info later this week. Sorry there hasnt been much going on with SF2 lately...I just hit a wall and needed to step back for awhile...
do it.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

oz hasn't release SF2 because he's deathly afraid of the kind of regrets I experience all the time, namely, "Damn! If only I thought of adding this feature in time, the map would have been so much better!" or the dreaded, "DAMN! How could I have missed that bug? Now I have to force everyone to download a version 2."

Little does he know he'll experience them anyway. :wink:

I'm not a fan of modern warfare style plugins, but I suspect SF2, once released, will be so good that even I'll get hooked.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

ozone wrote:After a long needed break I am happy to say I'm back working on SF2 development. I'll post here with more info later this week. Sorry there hasnt been much going on with SF2 lately...I just hit a wall and needed to step back for awhile...
No need to apologise man - you're doing us a favour doing ANYTHING anyway. The betas alone are better than nothing and its due to you we've got it. You've done more work for Myth certainly that I can't repay you personally.
ChrisP wrote:oz hasn't release SF2 because he's deathly afraid of the kind of regrets I experience all the time, namely, "Damn! If only I thought of adding this feature in time, the map would have been so much better!" or the dreaded, "DAMN! How could I have missed that bug? Now I have to force everyone to download a version 2."
Why didn't Mazz I - IV have to be patched after they received a lot more play like the last 2?
I'm not a fan of modern warfare style plugins, but I suspect SF2, once released, will be so good that even I'll get hooked.
Its just not like WWII/AvA which is what we all think of. ADT is I guess closest to what we're getting (if you cut out the aliens and only had marines) but still very different from Oz's beast.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Why didn't Mazz I - IV have to be patched after they received a lot more play like the last 2?
Because on the mapmaking side of things, each successive version was exponentially more complex. The more complex something is, the more likely something will go wrong.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

ozone wrote:After a long needed break I am happy to say I'm back working on SF2 development. I'll post here with more info later this week. Sorry there hasnt been much going on with SF2 lately...I just hit a wall and needed to step back for awhile...
Glad you're back on it Oz :)
ozone

Post by ozone »

Soon as I finalize this script Im working on and add it to a few maps Ill need some beta testers... :shock:
do it.
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

ozone wrote:Soon as I finalize this script Im working on and add it to a few maps Ill need some beta testers... :shock:
ME ME ME ME ME!!!
*frantically waves arms*
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I'm still here Oz :D
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

me me! il beta test! :)
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM