1.6.0 Wishlist Thread

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Tireces

1.6.0 Wishlist Thread

Post by Tireces »

Hope u dont mind if I start another 1.6 threard ;)

1) Problem with game names. F.e:

I have hosted game and named it 'Beer and CoOp', played few levels and left to lobby. Then i saw game name "lalala FFA" and I tried - unfortunatly it was firewalled ( or used a plugin i didnt have ). Happens. Ive hosted game again and oops it wasnt names "Beer and CoOp", it was named "lalala FFA'. No a problem at all for me but if this could be removed somehow... :)

2) Archers and stabbing.

Double click works only if arcs r near enouh to enemy unit. But sometimes (always?) they r near and they dont start stabbing - first they have 2 turn away , do 1 step and then they turn face to foe and start stabbing. During this "dance" arcs ussualy lost half of health. How about leaving double-clicking as it is now (if some1 still want ot use it) and also giving archers inventory and chose between bow and knife so we could give stabing command even when dark units are still far away from archer? What say ya ?

3) Autohosting - probably it would be most important thing (if ppl start autohosting :( )

Now there is only 1 Playlist avaible so if want host coop i need to put all maps 1 by 1 on the list. Then some1 want to pay gimble few (more than) once and I need to remove all coop maps form list and add gimble.

How about making more than one Playlists? Also game on playlist could has suck option like: "play once and dont reapet then play next map from list" or "or reapet 2-999" "reapet this map till we gonna die" or if its a coop game "reapeat unitill victory then play next map from the list". Such options would make autohosting sweeeeeeeeeeeet :D

4) Alt-tab'in
Argh! I am on win XP and I use Word a lot. I could autohost all the time but alt-tab = total freeze for every1 in my game. Is there any way to resolve this problem?

Just my 2 cents. My english still sux after 2 years but i hope you got whats on my mind.

Cheers and GL
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
jasiu

Post by jasiu »

The arc stabbing thing is a good idea, I never managed to get how to do it, or maybe it's just made that way so only the pr0s can handle it.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

You need to double-click very fast ( for sure faster than normal windows icon d-click ) and archer needs to be not far from targeting unit - lets say 2-3 m (myth-meters ;) ).

Heh, and i started this thread couse imo there was 2 much oftop in other1 :D
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

number 1 is a known bug that has been brought up numerous times.

It was decided that it should be left alone as it actually has it's uses and isn't terribly detrimental when it occurs by accident.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Under your Myth II prefs folder, there's a file called 'autohost', it contains the autohost playlist. If you move this file outside the prefs folder (renaming it won't work, since Myth doesn't look at the names when loading prefs), you can setup another playlist.

Then, you can quit Myth and swap them, if you want to activate the different one. It's a little bit of a hassle, but its certainly doable by anyone without needing to change Myth.

Also, I believe someone was working on an application that automatically does this sort of thing for you. Don't remember who.
Dethdukk

Post by Dethdukk »

While we are on the subject of melee ranged units, how could I stop the mortar dwarf in Mazz form EVER trying to melee?
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Myrd wrote:Under your Myth II prefs folder, there's a file called 'autohost', it contains the autohost playlist. If you move this file outside the prefs folder (renaming it won't work, since Myth doesn't look at the names when loading prefs), you can setup another playlist.

Then, you can quit Myth and swap them, if you want to activate the different one. It's a little bit of a hassle, but its certainly doable by anyone without needing to change Myth.
Wokrs fine : ) thx for info

One more cosmetic change ?
There is "menu music on/off" option now - cool couse listening 2 same cello motiv x times per day since 1998... eh... Anyways, looks like when u start Myth you will always hear cello motiv. But when yeu leave from multi or options u get a random tack. Is it possible to make myth play also random track in the beginning ?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Go into fear, and switch up the "Internal Main Menu" trax

I prefer the sound of Oro growling through a vacuum extension handle thing myself.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Capslock units health check was great addition. How about adding possibility to check enemy units health in same way ? I not sure if it will be good in FFA but it would be gsweet option for CoOp games. What ya think ?
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Only 2 humble requests, I hope it's manageable.

1)

When alt-tabbing back to windows, and after a couple of minutes alt-tabbing back to the battlefield, much in-game text is screwed up, like inventory text, chatting, and when speeding up or slowing down the game (F1 and F2)

2) If units own, and get more than 250 kills, the counting just stays there at 250+ kills. Isn't it possible to keep them counting? Would be cool.

THANX IN ADVANCE
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Gjallarhorn wrote:Only 2 humble requests, I hope it's manageable.

1)

When alt-tabbing back to windows, and after a couple of minutes alt-tabbing back to the battlefield, much in-game text is screwed up, like inventory text, chatting, and when speeding up or slowing down the game (F1 and F2)

2) If units own, and get more than 250 kills, the counting just stays there at 250+ kills. Isn't it possible to keep them counting? Would be cool.

THANX IN ADVANCE
Im not sure what causes it (ive heard it was something with Open GL or something of the like, but I really have no clue), but just type a bunch of ascii, that will fix it (§¶•¥©??ßå??åß??? <- completely random)

-DA
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

When that happens to me I press one of the F# buttons. Any that have words will fix the chat back to normal.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Could you make the next version of Myth II be entirely 3D and preferably based on the Halo engine but still be basically a small squad based strategy game where a player would have the option of going into first person shooter mode when an individual unit is selected?

thanks.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

I would like to see a right click that lets you switch inventory easier.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Fury IX wrote:I would like to see a right click that lets you switch inventory easier.
How is it not easy the way it is? Press I, press a number. If memory serves me right, I think you could set your mouse wheel to cycle through your inventory. Besides I use my right-click as my Ctrl-click for ground attacking.