Mazz's Demise VI v2

Talk about anything here.
Petronius

Mazz's Demise VI v2

Post by Petronius »

I've been having mucho trouble playing Mazz's Demise on Playmyth.net . It appears that everyone has the same version as me (the v2 downloaded from Projectmagma) and the same Myth version (1.6 also downloaded from the Projectmagma site). However, I cannot join any games as it tells me my "Game Data does not match"

Someone told me that it's not simply enough to unzip the file that you download and extract the plugin file into Myth II's plugin folder.. you apparently need to decompress the plugin, which I have no idea how to do, even with 7-Zip. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Petronius/Verus (for all you old schoolers)
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Decompress? Never heard of such a thing.

Are the games you try to join red? Or do you get that error message from white games? If the later I'm afraid you should probably re-download the plugin. Otherwise, any additional information you provide may help us solve your problem.
Petronius

Post by Petronius »

The games I try to join are red indeed.

I know that when I installed Myth 1.60 it put a few different versions of Playmyth's plugin in the "metaserver" folder.. should I use the "Red" one then (as opposed to the "Classic"), or does it really not matter?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Can you post the contents of your myth_log.txt file?
Petronius

Post by Petronius »

Sure, here you are...

2006-10-15 13:36:12
Myth II Build 284 running under Modern Windows 5.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Using GDI for Input
Mouse appears to have 5 buttons and 3 axes.
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Establishing connection with metaserver at balor.playmyth.net:6321...
Connected.
Disconnecting from metaserver.
Closing Myth.

Now I find this weird because while it says it has 1.5, I installed 1.6 and the game itself says that 1.6 is installed.
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Petronius wrote:Now I find this weird because while it says it has 1.5, I installed 1.6 and the game itself says that 1.6 is installed.
You might have installed 1.6, but not have replaced 1.5 with the new version. So you might have two versions of Myth, possibly in the same folder. You might need a new shortcut to Myth, if you're getting to the game via the Dock, toolbar, whatever, otherwise you're continually running the old version.

Maybe.

-Oro
Petronius

Post by Petronius »

What i mean is that in game there's the little 1.6 version marker up top. In any case, is there a way to manually download the files so that I can simply overwrite any of this crap and get playing?

EDIT: I've figured out that 1.6 doesn't come with an actual patch plugin file like the others but simply replaces the EXE.. this is normal?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Yes, that's fine. What you're missing is a PlayMyth interface. Instead of moving around metaserver files manually, you need to select a server from within Myth.

In the multiplayer dialog, click "Servers.." and select PlayMyth Classic. Click save, and games should no longer be red when you login.
Petronius

Post by Petronius »

Thanks very much, Myrd. :)