Really old map

Talk about anything here.
Khadrelt

Really old map

Post by Khadrelt »

A while ago I had a computer meltdown that wiped out most of my old Myth stuff. I've managed to recover most of it, but I lost a particular map that I'd made (it was actually my first multiplayer map) way back when I first discovered Loathing. It was called MFL: The Myth Bowl. It sucked, but it's kind of a piece of nostalgia for me.

The point is, I can't find it for download ANYWHERE. That doesn't really shock me, frankly, but all the same I figured I'd see if by some miracle any of you happened to know where I could find a copy. I found the description on the Myth Map Atlas, but there was no option for downloading it.

It's probably toast by now. Oh, well. The worst thing is, I even had a backup copy of it on CD, but I lost the CD during a move right before the hard drive I had it on got fried.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Head over to the temporary locale for The Tain Archives and scroll down 'til you see "MFLTheMythBowlIIv1.0" - there appear to be two listings.

Hope this is it! :D
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Sweet! Thanks a bunch, Baak. I really didn't think anyplace would still have it hanging around. My life is now complete.

Well, not really, but it's closer! :D
vinylrake

Re: Really old map

Post by vinylrake »

Khadrelt wrote:A while ago I had a computer meltdown that wiped out most of my old Myth stuff. I've managed to recover most of it...
Hey Khadrelt, did you recover "Said the Spider to the Fly" or 'Pezint army'?

If so any chance you could upload them somewhere or email me a copy?

I just came across a reference to those map and I didn't have any info about them other than the fact that Spider is a Myth 2 map and Pezint is a plugin you created back in 05/2003.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Yeah, I did recover those, though I can't for the life of me think of why I'd ever uploaded them anywhere in the first place.

Said the Spider to the Fly is a simple netmap featuring (as you might guess) spiders and flies (actually just really tiny black hawks).

The Pezint Army was a bizarre collection of insanely destructive peasants. I never actually made a map for them, and all I've got now is the local folder with the units in them. I doubt they'll ever be useful for much of anything; it was mostly a contest between a friend and me to see who could come up with the strangest peasant army.

Actually, I had two versions of the Pezint Army, one even more psychotic than the other, but I only have the more tame version now, I think. (In the other one, the Screaming Iron Assault Pezint and the Floating Fisher o' Doom could single-handedly overload the map in under twenty seconds...)

I don't have anywhere to upload them, as I've never been able to get hotline to work, but if you want them I can email them to you.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Khadrelt wrote:Yeah, I did recover those, though I can't for the life of me think of why I'd ever uploaded them anywhere in the first place...
Knowing neither you circa 2003 or the maps themselves I can't say what your motivation was but you (or someone) uploaded them to the mill back in 2003. [Spider: 05/31/2003]
Khadrelt wrote:I don't have anywhere to upload them, as I've never been able to get hotline to work, but if you want them I can email them to you.
Thanks! If you send them (zipped) to vinylrake A T yahoo DOT com I should get them no problem.

vr
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

They're sent. Let me know if you don't get them.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Hey, can you send the Spider said to the fly to me as well

mactonycw at yahoo d0t c0m

Thanks
Krusader Bastard