Latest Amber for Mac(?); projectile question

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Welly

Latest Amber for Mac(?); projectile question

Post by Welly »

I am currently running Amber on Classic. It crashes when I try to save changes to certain specific collection files... this sucks! Where can I get an OSX Amber?

Also, does anyone know how to make a projectile that can travel straight through units, blasting them apart, until it hits the ground, when it explodes? I've tried a number of things but the results are awful. (I want to create a ballista arrow that plows directly through enemies.) What fields must I leave blank and what fields must I add values to for this to work?
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

There is no OS X amber...yet.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Also, does anyone know how to make a projectile that can travel straight through units, blasting them apart, until it hits the ground, when it explodes?
In your ballista missile projectile try checking the "passes through target" flag. Never used it myself, so I'm not sure how well it will work, but it might keep your projectile intact until it hits the ground.

Also, give the projectile a contrail that does damage in a small radius and detonates immediately. Make the damage high enough to kill any unit on your map. This will allow the ballista missile to plow through anything it passes through. The less velocity the missile has, the better it will work.
Nekura

Re: Latest Amber for Mac(?); projectile question

Post by Nekura »

Welly wrote: Also, does anyone know how to make a projectile that can travel straight through units, blasting them apart, until it hits the ground, when it explodes? I've tried a number of things but the results are awful. (I want to create a ballista arrow that plows directly through enemies.) What fields must I leave blank and what fields must I add values to for this to work?
Actually I made a spell like that. Check in projectile problem topic to see how I did it and screen shots.