Munitions factory CWR civil war reloaded preview

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

When's the release date? SF2 and TFV have been taking an eternity but I have a feeling at some point in 2007 they'll both be here. After forever a new Myth III patch is coming out too, and Tain developement (seems) to be back on track so I think 2007 should be a cool year for Myth. Fun coinsidence that things are looking so rosy for the 10th anniversary year.
Point

testing cwe...

Post by Point »

thanks phex... as u know thats why we are testing the CWE epic version... to adress issues ... obviously having that scale is different than the full scale CWR...

the coop map the field has no script of course. just a way to test the fight. the units spread seems to be mainly from them running away when injurred which is probably appropriate. the formations well within myth limitations seem to be about as good as they are going to get. and i think in a9 were vastly improved over the first epic builds. especially watching them used in gettysburg game films. I agree about the abilities ... at the epic scale micro managing monster switching artifacts etc... is too much in many ways.. thus for the most part they arn't in there. double clicking on a unit type to select all that type and using presets for squads seems to be the way to play this. formations and waypoints to move those units.
any map that has 400 units can be chaos if they are simply thrown into battle with each other... From my perspective in watching the game films etc... is to even further adjust the different unit types to have clear advantages when they are put into battle.. rock paper scissors sort of thing... since say skirmishers in a close fight with conscripts will almost always prevail unless thier outnummberd. formations with officers and flagbearers should have a clear advantage over a formation of just soldiers.. etc.... this is what I hope to refine more with this testing. cwe and cwr are mainly games for a lot of players 1v1 unless both parties now how to use presets and waypoints simply can be and usually are a mad house of activity and rushed sending in of random troops to try and stop or exploit an advance.

the greatist feature in myth is its strategy... archers take out dwarfs stygen knights take out archers, dwarfs vs thrall etc.... units have their strengths and weaknesses and players learn how to exploit or utilize those ballances... hopefully with everyones help we can get both cwr and cwe to that level of zen.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Petronius

Post by Petronius »

This is going to be freakin awesome. Good luck with this guys, and if you need any testers I'm sure I could sacrifice some of my time. :)
Point

attacks .. and stuff fyi...

Post by Point »

ChrisP and I were talking about adjusting the musket and rifle fire accuracy to promote to less accurate flight as the distance/ range increases.. Not sure how this will work, though I hope to have it in the next build... also in the next build more adjustments to the morale set up ... hopefully really showing some difference between groups that fight without officers and flagbeares and those that do.

any other thoughts...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

getting back at it....

Post by Point »

I've been swamped with work and life lately, so haven't had a chance to work on this.... kinda got burned out trying to find players... anyway.. if anyone has any test reports from the epic scale version let me know...
vinylrake

Re: getting back at it....

Post by vinylrake »

Point wrote:I've been swamped with work and life lately, so haven't had a chance to work on this.... kinda got burned out trying to find players... anyway.. if anyone has any test reports from the epic scale version let me know...
if by 'players' you mean people to help beta test, i'd be happy to help out (as real-life schedule allows).
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I might do some play with magical trevor sometime and can report back :O
Point

CWR add or not a gatlin gun...

Post by Point »

a few players asked for a gatling gun in cwe tests... I guess with all those units people would like to mow them down last samuri style... I do have the model for the mobile gatlin gun, though not sure how accurate to the civil war putting it in would be since it saw little action in the actual civil war...

what are your thoughts... and if it goes in anyone want to create the attack..action... ?
point and laugh

Post by point and laugh »

The gatling gun was only in one battle, I think.

It wouldn't be very historically accurate, but it would make the game easier.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I'd love to see that model point... think you could take a screeny and PM the link here or on udogs hl??

We want to make a dwarven gattling gun unit for TFV, and a premade gun itself might be cool. Just need to implement some script or tag info (iron mentioned something a while back about a better way to do it without script) so that a dwarf follows the gun around and is required to 'load' it up ala B&G cannon style.

Would love to see what you've got there.
Point

gatling guns

Post by Point »

I uploaded the basic model 3ds fomat to my cwr resourses folder...

as far as the non scripted action... you would need the unit model as well because it utilizes a monster changing artifact to change the sequences to ones rendered with the weapon... so instead of following the item around the rendering sequences incorporate the item.
Dethdukk

Post by Dethdukk »

if you still need testers/players, I am open from 5-10PM mountain time. I think thats -5. In any case, my x-fire is dethdukk, my yahoo is dethdukk, and my email is dtwillson-at-thegeek-dot-NU. Contact me.
Point

CWE

Post by Point »

I would really like some feed back on the beta... of the epic size version

Im trying to fix the inacuracy of musket fire ... in the large scale (normal) a line of soldiers can pick a target and take him out like a firing squad in the epic most of the time they all still miss... I think it has to do with the promotions or something ... anyway trying to figure it out...

I haven't had much time for this but if people jump on the band wagon maybe ill make the time to get it out there....

the dead body projectles are still a bit messed up mainly because of a sequence issue in the tags too many for myth to handle it seems... Ive tried getting around this many ways though none successful yet.

the dynamite is big though I kept it that way so people can see it in the epic and run
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

what speed are these bullets going exactly, point?
initial velocity * inertia settings + random velocity etc etc
Point

bullets

Post by Point »

i think the problem is with the promotion... since the bullets promote over their lifespan.... chris P explained the velocities to me and I adjust those to a little effect though still In the epic scale if a entire line of guys targets one target they still sometimes all miss.... when it should be like a firing squad..