Does anyone know where to DL TFL & Myth 2 quicktimes

Talk about anything here.
Cobalt 7

Does anyone know where to DL TFL & Myth 2 quicktimes

Post by Cobalt 7 »

I've seen the article on playmyth about TFL cutscenes and the Myth 2 hi-res on the flying flip hotline. Problem is they're gone now.

Anyone know where they can be found?
Last edited by Cobalt 7 on Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

I've also heard that TFL cutscenes are available in a movie format as well?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Horus

Post by Horus »

Frogblast is what you need Cobalt 7, although there is another problem in your way...

Seeing as the Flyingflip hotline server no longer exists... (Blades got rid of it awhile ago).
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Horus â„¢ wrote:Frogblast is what you need Cobalt 7, although there is another problem in your way...

Seeing as the Flyingflip hotline server no longer exists... (Blades got rid of it awhile ago).
:lol: *lip quiver*

O_O;

*Darth Vader Pose*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

In all seriousness though, now what am I going to do? Are they on the uDogs hotline?
CIK

Post by CIK »

There isn't a public build of Myth that plays those cutscenes though.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Yea I'm also upset that by the time I heard of the FF hotline, it was gone, goodies and all. Does anyone have a copy of what was hosted, know what was there, or any other information on it?
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Okay now I'm just getting frustrated.

I'm practically begging, someone please upload them to uDogs.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

My upload rate has been reduced to complete and utter crap lately so I I'm sorry to say I won't be able to do it.. I found them on uDogs HL some time ago though.. have you looked through the Assorted file folders and such?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

BUNGiE should've been using Quicktime anyway.... SMK is such an archaic and useless video format.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

maybe you hadn't noticed, but tfl is pretty archaic

i'm sure at the time smk was a reasonable choice.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Meh.... not really. It was good if you just wanted to watch something, but editing it or replacing it or making it yourself was too big a pain in the arse.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

William Wallet wrote:BUNGiE should've been using Quicktime anyway.... SMK is such an archaic and useless video format.
Speaking of which...how difficult would it be to add Quicktime support to Myth for cutscenes?

I can already feel the argument coming about how no one uses cutscenes so I'll pre-counter strike: No one uses cutscenes because, like Mr. Wallet said, it's a pain in the arse to use/make Smacker files. (And then you need to add a Myth header anyway). Besides, the quality is down-converted to only 256 colors (which ought to be enough for ANYBODY!).

My guess is that if Quicktime support was added we'd see more cutscenes added to maps.

Just a thought.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Doobie wrote:maybe you hadn't noticed, but tfl is pretty archaic

i'm sure at the time smk was a reasonable choice.
heh that's just what I was thinking.... SMK might be archaic NOW but in 1997 I am sure it was merely one of many fairly commonly used animation/video formats heading down the road towards archaicness.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hmmm... common on PC maybe, but Myth was a cross platform game and SMK has never really been a cross platform video format (I mean from an authoring point of view, of course).
Anyone with half a brain realised back then that the two platforms would be a lot more closely integrated (there was no way Mac was going to go the way of BeOS and disappear, haha).
Making SMK the format for the cutscenes may have been a decision made with space considerations in mind, but I think it shows a bit of lack of foresight.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:Anyone with half a brain realised back then that the two platforms would be a lot more closely integrated (there was no way Mac was going to go the way of BeOS and disappear, haha).
Making SMK the format for the cutscenes may have been a decision made with space considerations in mind, but I think it shows a bit of lack of foresight.
As someone with at least close to half a brain who was fairly sentient back then I don't think it was at all obvious in 1997 that the two platforms would end up a lot more closely integrated. As I recall 1997 - it was before the iMac was released, before OS X, way before the iPod - and other than in Mac circles it wasn't an assumption or even a common belief that Apple itself would survive. In terms of the more closely integrated software, in this case QuickTime, it wasn't really until 1998 when Quicktime 3.0 was released (with it's incorporation of internet graphics formats, the sorenson video codec and the music codec) that QT really started to catch on as a serious multimedia authoring/playback format - that's when it really started getting cross-platform buy-in/adoption by the people creating multimedia content for games and stuff like that. (seriously, look at games that used quicktime prior to QT 3.0 - they had tiny postage stamp sized windows, grainy playback - really dated crappy looking stuff in retrospect.)
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.