Beta Testers needed (model makers)

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Killswitch

Beta Testers needed (model makers)

Post by Killswitch »

Hello everyone,

I am in need of a few beta testers for something. I need people who have 3D modeling experience. Not pre-rendered units - actual 3D modeling (buildings and such). If you've wanted to get in on the Apathy action, now's your chance.

Mac and PC users wanted. And you need access to a 3D app that can export Wavefront OBJ files.

Message me if interested. (Oh, and there's no pay or meals. Strictly pro-bono. :D )
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

: messaging in an interested tone :

Hi, I'm interested Kill :)
vinylrake

Re: Beta Testers needed (model makers)

Post by vinylrake »

Killswitch wrote:Hello everyone,

I am in need of a few beta testers for something. I need people who have 3D modeling experience. Not pre-rendered units - actual 3D modeling (buildings and such). If you've wanted to get in on the Apathy action, now's your chance.

Mac and PC users wanted. And you need access to a 3D app that can export Wavefront OBJ files.

Message me if interested. (Oh, and there's no pay or meals. Strictly pro-bono. :D )
Not to be too anal about it, but it sounds like you need model makers more than beta testers?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Actually, you are fairly close: I do need experienced model makers but they will be beta testers as well.
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

happy to beta test! but no exp. in modeling, unless its just the surface textures and bumping, but im having a hard time loading photoshop on my new computer.
Muhammad is the most common given name in the world. Chang is the most common family name. There are, however, very few people named 'Muhammad Chang.'
ozone

Post by ozone »

I sent you a message but have heard nothing in return

Im pretty experienced with making models for myth.
do it.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Vinyl, he needs model makers to beta test a new model app.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, Graydon is right. Sorry to not be more informative. I don't want anyone thinking this will be the killer app to end all Myth apps. (In other words, no promises.)

Sorry Floyd, this isn't for texturing. This is for actual 3d geometry stuff ala Maya, Cinema 4D, etc.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Killswitch wrote:Yes, Graydon is right. Sorry to not be more informative. I don't want anyone thinking this will be the killer app to end all Myth apps. (In other words, no promises.)

Sorry Floyd, this isn't for texturing. This is for actual 3d geometry stuff ala Maya, Cinema 4D, etc.
Ah... sorry to be dense then.

I haven't done model making for Myth, but I have a bit of beginner's 3D experience (e.g. Poser, Bryce, Amorphium, Carrera, etc) and would be happy to help test an app if you think I could be of any use. If not, I'll be waiting to see what you've come up with.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

: twiddles thumbs :
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Alrighty everyone - sorry this took a bit longer than I anticipated. Check your email. Let me know if you didn't get the info.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Upon trying to open from a local folder:
An Exception class of NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down. "OK"