How do I install the TFL? (OSX)

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Twelve Motion

How do I install the TFL? (OSX)

Post by Twelve Motion »

I downloaded the fallen levels and I don't know how to install it. What do I do with this .exec file?
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Put it in the Myth 2 plugins folder.

You then can access it like a regular Myth 2 plugin.

I also believe that Tireces has a cutscenes.gor file in his udogs account. So there you go.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

It doesn't seem to be working. I put the file called "Magma - The Fallen level v2" into plugins and it didn't appear as a plugin when I selected new game from the game menu.
Killswitch

Re: How do I install the TFL? (OSX)

Post by Killswitch »

Twelve Motion wrote:I downloaded the fallen levels and I don't know how to install it. What do I do with this .exec file?
Wait a sec - Is this an exe file? Could it be compressed? Needs unzipped or something?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Twelve Motion wrote:It doesn't seem to be working. I put the file called "Magma - The Fallen level v2" into plugins and it didn't appear as a plugin when I selected new game from the game menu.
It wasn't in the list when you click on "Plugins..."?
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

No plugins is greyed out. I don't have a list.

the file doesn't have an extension, but the icon OS X uses to represent it is a terminal exec file. A black screen with exec written on the top left.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Try this. Drop the Exec file onto this app, then run myth.. See if it changes things at all. http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/mythtypechanger
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

A lot of my plugins show up with the Unix Executable icon like you've described, but they've all worked fine for me.

Your plugins button is grayed out? That's weird, because even when I don't have any plugins installed mine isn't grayed and I can still push it, there's just an empty list. Do you have any other plugins installed? If not, try installing a few and see if you can get them to work.
The cake is a lie.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

What does your myth_log.txt say?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

And what's your favorite color?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Blue!

No, no...Aaaaaahhh!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
The cake is a lie.