Myth 2 coming to Gametap!

Talk about anything here.
CurstAlchemist

Post by CurstAlchemist »

Death's Avatar wrote:What magic users are there on willow creek?!
The ones you add in. 8)
Visions:
I cannot believe in paradise Glorious and undefiled, For gates all scrolled and streets of gold Are tales for a dreaming child.
I am too lost for shame That it moves me unto mirth, But I can envision a Hell of flame For I have lived on earth.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

just a dumb question, and forgive my ignorance of how internet goes...
since gametap is a paid service and my guess is they pay the owner of myth for using it...
if we get in the way to "divert" clients from their service...then we divert $ from getting into Myth's owner?
then maybe it's not good for our community to get in the way of $?
it can only hurt if big corporations try to squeeze us out of the way...
or this is just my mumbo jumbo 2am sleepy brain thought?

:shock:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Archer

Post by Archer »

It is entirely possible that the existence of the current Myth community will now be "inconvenient".

As for magic users on Willow Creek, there's the Dwarf. On Legendary, he throws more bottles by volume than his entire body+gear takes up.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Yes Baak, it is actually 1.5.1.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

MYTH2_LINUX? Winelib? :)
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Ironic that what we originally take to be a blessing soon could quickly become a curse, no?

...Would it be possible to try and open a dialogue with Gametap? I know Myrd sent an email off, but if we could get a chance to talk to some real people....I don't know...

Man this is depressing.....
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Archer

Post by Archer »

Cobalt 7 wrote:Ironic that what we originally take to be a blessing soon could quickly become a curse, no?
You may have taken it as a blessing…

SaaS in general is a blight upon the world, IMO.

~J
Baak

Post by Baak »

Death's Avatar wrote:What magic users are there on willow creek?!
Sage Chickens?

Or maybe I'm just thinking Chickens with Sage. I'm kinda hungry. ;)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

A dwarf? kind of?
Elfinstone

Post by Elfinstone »

Hmmm inconvenient.
Playmyth's been hacked again....
One more ressurection according to Blades and then playmyth.net is no longer.
Sigh....an potentially ignominous "death".

Ah well...a fond farewell to myth. I don't see mariusnet really filling playmyth's shoes in any sufficient fashion.

warm regards all mythers
Organ Donor

Post by Organ Donor »

Myrd wrote:Yes Baak, it is actually 1.5.1.
I thought anything newer than 1.3.1 was considered third party and unsupported. Did Take 2 do any quality assurance, and if they did is there a chance to repackage the game and sell it?

Also, most of all. Will Project Magma get any credit?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I haven't seen any credit given to us anywhere. I have no idea if they ran QA on 1.5.1 or anything else like that. I've not received any replies from them, so all I know is what I can see.

My guess is it went something like this:

Scenario 1:
Take2: Here's the iso images for 1.3.1.
Take2: There's also unofficial patches at projectmagma.net which we don't support and which have not gone through our QA. We don't care what you do, as long as we get our $.
GameTap: OK
GameTap checks out 1.5.1, and runs its own QA on it, finds it acceptable and uses 1.5.1.

Scenario 2:
Take2: Here's the iso images for 1.3.1
GameTap: OK
GameTap googles Myth II, finds our site. Checks out 1.5.1, finds it works well, does its own QA and sets it up.

I think it's all in GameTap's hands, they probably did their own QA, and Take2 just signed some papers and got a cheque.
Archer

Post by Archer »

Did you have to assign Take 2 copyright of the updates, give them an unlimited license, or is there some other agreement there? Are the details disclosable? If so, mind sharing?

~J
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Elfinstone wrote:Ah well...a fond farewell to myth.
Boy... If I got fiddy cents every time I heard that... I'd prolly be f00ked off I didn't get $2M every time I heard that.
I don't see mariusnet really filling playmyth's shoes in any sufficient fashion.
I think it's a mistake to think that MNet is meant to fill ANY shoes. It just... IS. And if MNet goes the way of the 5.25" floppy, Magma will prolly resurrect BattleWatch =>:-]

-Oro
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

GameTap have a weird sense of humour. First they use 1.5.1 and not credit Magma, then they make it unavailable outside the US. And on top of that, they thrown in a picture of Tails. What's with that? It is to cheer us up or to distract us from what they did there? :shock:
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.