Munitions factory CWR civil war reloaded preview

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Point

I have a little time to work on this...

Post by Point »

Been swamped lately so I haven't worked on this stuff at all ... though tonight I will have a little time anyone with a clue on promotions of the bullets would be of great help...

I'll be on udogs..HL
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

CWR gatlin gun

Post by Point »

Even though these were used little in the civil war... Since it was asked for by a few people I did the renders so this could be a monster changing artifact... If anyone is interested in creating the attack for the gun ... let me know... :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Really some amazing stuff, Point.

Looking forward to playing this baby. :)

I too had some strange experience with something like your promoting bullets during a version upgrade of RDF. I couldn't get the precise effect I was after. My suggestion - for what it's worth - is to get it "close enough" for now and put it in the bin for "fine tuning" post-release. Just my two cents.
Point

The Perfect bullet...

Post by Point »

Well the bullet stuff hampers things in CWEpic.... its just to unrealistic to have a whole fire line miss when aiming at a same target...

seems to work fine in the large scale CWR though maybe could use some refinement there aswell...

in a perfect situation the bullet would fly straight and fast in close then gradually weaken and fall over time and distance..

Maybe some one with some sense of this could redesign the bullets... for cwr and cwe... chirsp seemed to have a grasp of this as well as iron anyone else...?

These are the basic bullets used in the tagset

Musket ball (long range inaccurate)
musket multi ball (short range two balls)
Sharps rifle shot (long range accurate)
Carbine shot (medium range accurate)
Pistol shot (shorter range)
Gatlin gun (rapid fire carbine basically)
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

in my, no projectiles should exceed a velocity of about 0.850wu/ticks

Past that point, projectiles will start going through units.

WW2 works by shooting a muzzle flash at 1.5, but this muzzle flash has an inertia of 0.3 to 0.6 which if you do the calculations promotes to a bullet going from 0.5 to 0.9

If you want innacuracy, why not simply use random inertia?
Point

The perfect bullet..

Post by Point »

the problem with the ww2 bullet is that it keeps going... it will fly across the mesh basically...

with each promotion (distance/time) the bullet should slow and become more inaccurate and eventually the lifespan should expire....

ie damage vs velocity
and accuracy over time...

and each promotion needs to be random to a degree since the bullet is harmless i guess at the nano second of promotion... so a fire line could still miss if the target was at the exact range of the promotion.

as for the velocity thing... I didnt know that faster than that goes through a unit are you sure?
Point

Well since 1.6 finaled so to speak... It was time...

Post by Point »

Well since 1.6 finaled so to speak... It was time to give up on any last minute fixes to overcome the problems I was dealing with and since pc amber seems forever and a day away I went ahead and Redid the collections which were bugging out ... I think due to too many sequences... So so much for the all in one tag its now and all in two tag... and so far so good it seems to work all 64 units function at this stage this ends up making the tagset for cwe and cwr 30+ megs bigger than it could of been, and of course now units changing into other units by picking up dropped items etc... is not as universal.

What I need now is help on a few things...

CWR- artifacts monster changing expert advice on how best to restrict and drop the items. ie a wagon..

CWE- a new bullet that promotes to fit the smaller scale

Both- A gatling gun attack that looks and is cool

CWR- testing of the 8 multi maps to look for any map related issues.

CWR- Scripting of the gettysburg CoOP (the units are on the map and the basic plan is mapped out based on the actual battle just need some one who knows how to script or who can convince OZ that he wants to do it still :)

Its getting closer just so little free time these days to work or play on anything...
Point

CWR and CWE still bouncing around my hd

Post by Point »

Point

Stuff

Post by Point »

Point

alpha test help on refinements....

Post by Point »

I uploaded a version of the tagset from my pc... It doesnt have all the graphics and map stuff that my mac version has though it has the inventory and such items... maybe dl and take a look to see if one can find a way to do it better.... any help would be appreciated from whoever... Just if you mess with stuff do it in a duplicate please and rename it with your initial on it
ie... _CWR-Atta-GatlingGun-pj-Joe

thanks..

points betas folder http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... agsetbeta/

the test mesh is the great library books coop

I still need to mix some of the arty attacks in from the cwe version... (mortor and case round attacks)

what needs help or input on...

1. inventory list never comes up when pressing i - parrot cannons..

2. gatling gun attack and reload needs help ... also when its taken over after it dies... the attack and reload ... doesn't work

3. probably not possible to have a unit switch from one collection to other on monster change from artifact though the replacement soldier trys to a funny end... (the replacements can pick up drop flags) (artillery men take over dead arty pieces)

4. skirmishers aren't as aggressive as I would like .. the volunteers seem to be more apt to charge... is this due to order of attacks? or something I just cant see?

5. still getting amber collection errors on body parts for hard deaths and a the headshots sometimes show up randomly it seems.. once again carry overs from the corrupted tag i guess... (over 100 sequence limit) If someone has a copy of pc amber maybe they could do me a favor and open the all in one tag and resave it... to see if it clears the errors... and the two split ones as well... this has delayed this project months trying to work around not being able to have all these in one collection and the errors are driving me bonkers Smile
Point

Note the alpha downloads are for people who want to help

Post by Point »

Note the alpha downloads are for people who want to help improve the project if your simply looking to play maybe wait till the beta versions... each alpha build is bascially testing one aspect or another and from one of the various computers I am working on..

that said
I would like to see what happens in a game with a few players so if you download it post on the thread so people know who to look to play with ...

Thanks..

testing levels to test attacks morale etc...
Library books coop
RoTD coop
little round top coop

Battlegrounds s2
field of battle 2048
Point

CWR testing film...

Post by Point »

Last edited by Point on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Point

Post by Point »

http://projectmagma.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

The latest patches are up in betas folder for cwr this version has most of the functions enabled....

one bug ... the cannon wagon sequence when cannon wagon is unloaded had the wrong move sequence so I imrovised.
Point

current version 3-15-2007 alpha test...

Post by Point »

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... agsetbeta/

since hl is down just download and patch the 3-10-2007 version to 3-15 via omni pathcer...
Point

CWR movies...

Post by Point »

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2021252363

Posted the other nights testing games video...

gearing up for the gettysburg myth II movie still taking applications for actors... or better yet one great scriptor...