Help cant host - Help cant host

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
johnnybegood

Post by johnnybegood »

Need help cant host games after 1.5 beta 2 Am on xp pro when i do it said error 126 listen socket or sound socket something like that.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Networking wise, nothing has really changed from PB#1. The only change was to back off on some of the checks on packets. I've seen someone else with a similar problem and I forget how they took care of it.
johnnybegood

Post by johnnybegood »

well am sure its the patch because beta1 work then after I got beta2 it didnt work & theirs @ less one more xp user that cant host same problem. I got cable & my host was liked by many. sure hope we can get it fixed... error is 126 listen socket failed to load. thanks guys
johnnybegood

Post by johnnybegood »

Cik are you going to get the team on it ? Or tell me what i need to do? when I try to host the damn thing kicks me off playmyth! I done reinstall every thing trying to fix it am really disapointed! Pay good money for cable so they would be more games to play instead of waiting in lobby for a game & nobody has a host :( If they do its full :( Man myth has a bad enuff problem not enuff games . I hate waiting damn half a hr for a game..Oh well hope yal fix it soon if not I got other games.but am just stuck on ww2 ,But maybe its time. why dont yal get feed back from the users? I think the improvements are false... I been playing for a few yrs & really its got worse. sry to say that but thats my opinion, with that being said, Hope yal dont get mad & not try to fix the crap going on with this patch. & my nohost. But really if you can make a game FASTER & respond faster good for it! but if its a neg move reverse it I hope...& am all ww2 dont like reg myth & never will.ONLY REASON IF ANY IS BECAUSE IT POWERS MY WW2. Thats all.IF somereason there was no ww2 , I would go play my 1942, halflife,moh,quake, etc . But I luv recon myth the most out of all games.& if I can never host , & have to wait to long for a game . It really wouldnt not be worth it .Because this is wat i do for fun play games after work. NO GAMES NO FUN:( Plz help....
johnnybegood

Post by johnnybegood »

just checking to see if I can get some tech support? Sry if letter before this one seems if am a little chapped, Just getting aggrvaded. :(
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Note: They have about 6 billion other bugs preceding yours to work on...you posted like 5 times in one day....they arent going to drop all their work to fix your problem immediately :;):

I've heard of a similar problem...giving some system specs might be good for the coders...platform, operating system, router information etc....they cant go by just 'I cant host' complaints right! :)

BTW....ur punctuation is a bit horrendus to read through....edit ur posts abit before submitting em...the misspelling is tolerable...but....words slurred together etc...makes it a real swamp to read through :P
CIK

Post by CIK »

heh I had a 3 day weekend from Myth....

When I have a new build for you test I'll forward you a url to download and try it out.

It won't be long now....in the mean time try downloading the current manual installer and reinstalling it...the .exe in the current posted version has had the debug info removed which caused problems with certain maps and such.
johnnybegood

Post by johnnybegood »

ok, What i got is a p4 2.53ghz with 1024DDR ram. Running a 128 ATI video card on a p4s8x motherboard. Also running 2 120gb Barracuda SATA harddrives on a raid0.My OS is XP PRO.

I do not over clock my stuff but I do run a lead machince.
I do run my xp in the performance mode.

billion bugs OMG, That Dont sound Good! & I manuely install & auto installed but I will go try it again.

Well guys if you had to say which bugs is more Important?
I cant get thur the trees , or hill bug or Host bug
I would have to say it would be the I Cant host BUG! The others Bugs
I just mention aren't even worth fixing. < my opinion.

Sorry guys if I sounded harsh, Wasnt intended too.Guys hope you can fix before 1.5.3 comes out :) just kidding,But really this has bothered me. Hey thanks for reading tech. support anyway :) thaz John
johnnybegood

Post by johnnybegood »

Damnit I hate this !!!! Guys stop trying to help me . I went to manuelly install (again) open up my plugin folder & WOW!! :embarassed: Who put that directory stuff in There!

well guys am sorry & man I hammered yal must of been your installer lol. Oh well thaz for trying to help . Next time maybe little faster :;): It was me (my BAD)
CIK

Post by CIK »

Hey thanks for reporting back....most people don't bother which leaves us hanging

Actually we don't have many bugs on our list to fix from PB2, you just caught us on the weekend(most of the programming team sort of disappears for the weekend). After burning a few dozen hours during the week on Myth we need to rest and do other things.