Virtual Myth Collection Cards!!

Talk about anything here.
Soulblaster

Virtual Myth Collection Cards!!

Post by Soulblaster »

I once read somewhere (in a tagset making tutorial I believe) that Myth doesn't have many 3rd party tagsets. Mostly because the difficulty involving modeling, shadowing rendering, etc. I have to agree with some parts and disagree with others, as my newest website has proved it wrong. I bring to the Myth community: "MYTH Bag of Tags Website," a virtual Myth collection cards, where the players will have access to a lot of Myth unit tagsets in the original and links to them. The goal is to provide information and remembrance to the community, and support to mapmakers and their projects as well. I will appreciate any help you guys can give me to enlarge, correct and improve this collection for things that was, are and will be...:) here it goes:

www.freewebs.com/soulblaster

P.S.: Always remember to ask (if the creator is still alive!) before using the tag(s), or to mention a thanks note to the creator(s) in a read me file with your project. Thanks!
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

incredible stuff soul!!! :wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
vinylrake

Re: Virtual Myth Collection Cards!!

Post by vinylrake »

Soulblaster wrote:...I bring to the Myth community: "MYTH Bag of Tags Website," a virtual Myth collection cards, where the players will have access to a lot of Myth unit tagsets in the original and links to them. The goal is to provide information and remembrance to the community, and support to mapmakers and their projects as well. I will appreciate any help you guys can give me to enlarge, correct and improve this collection for things that was, are and will be...:) here it goes:...
Wow... awesome. Something like this has been on my virtual to-do list for years! But your version looks much nicer than mine would have.

nice job!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Where's my credit Soulb!
Dio

Post by Dio »

Looks nice man ::inserts something stupid like:: I wouldn't know what to do with them since I don't know how to make maps though :)
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Heh, i would dio but the thing is that actually i know how to make a plug!!
err, mb not like ppl whos in this bussines their whole life...:)
Well, if u dont believe me u can check out my last called: "The Fortress of Doom Final" at the tain...

http://tain.totalcodex.net
Last edited by Soulblaster on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Right away Horus...I really missed to reffer some of the tags to the propper authors, but its on the way...srry
Dio

Post by Dio »

Finaly I know what some ppl are talking about..Fortress of Doom, I had no idea where to get it. Thanks..! I'll give a whirl today.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Soulblaster wrote:Heh, i would dio but the thing is that actually i know how to make a plug!!
err, mb not like ppl whos in this bussines his whole life...:)
Well, if u dont believe me u can check out my last called The "Fortress of Doom Final" at the tain...
Speaking of Fortress of Doom, I've been playing that a bit solo and have been having a lot of fun. Really eclectic unit mix - I saw a couple of them and was "WTH IS THAT?!".

One issue I sometimes have is that when I end a game (esc, then quit) the game doesn't always go back to main Myth screen, most often it reloads the last saved game so I get in a loop and have to ctl-alt-del to terminate Myth completely. :(
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Hmm, wonder what that could be. I haven't selected neither pre or pos game on mesh tag...I really have no idea. I've tryed solo game several times after reading ur post, and every time I did "esc" and "quit", I got to Myth main screen...odd. Are you using new Myth 1.6 v290?
Point

Bag of tags rocks...

Post by Point »

:) great stuff
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Renwood TWA

Wow

Post by Renwood TWA »

Wow cool beans man! nice work! This should really speed things up for lots of myth creators. If they dont go nuts trying to use 1000 of the things from the site just cause they can hehe

You rock!

-Renwood
Peach Out