VS FLYING UNITS DOESNT WORK?!?!

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Soulblaster

VS FLYING UNITS DOESNT WORK?!?!

Post by Soulblaster »

Hey
Well, I have noticed that the monster attack flag "vs flying unit" doesnt do anything. I have this big issue on my project with flying units, as i believe other map-makers also do. So i come to you guys with the request of a new myth version (1.6.1) to fix this problem and others as well. Blargh, i am opening this topic and mb other map-makers will help me explain this issue better, hopefully u guys will come out with something...thx
ozone

Post by ozone »

its not the "vs flying" that doesnt do anything...its the "can attack flying units" flag that doesnt do anything. This flag was added to 1.6 (or before even) so that monster tags set to melee could still attack flying units. This flag is broken though and does nothing. Im sure it can be fixed in 1.7 but I would rather not wait that long...guh.
do it.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Where is this "can attack flying units" flag?

You are right, a monster marked as 'melee class' would not be able to attack flying units right now (I just checked the code).
ozone

Post by ozone »

aye myrd..tis true.

This flag is an extended flag in the monster tag. It was added by iron and tested by both of us. At some point it worked. Neither of us are sure how it doesnt work now. The whole point of this flag was to make it so melee units could attack flyng units if you wanted such behavior. Im not sure how long it hasnt been working because to be honest most of the maps Im working on dont have a chopper on the enemy side. So I would have never noticed it not working. It wasnt until I started playing multiplayer and my units wouldnt auto attack that I did further testing to find out they wouldnt attack the hueys at all...

This oversite has forced me to change things in Sf2 that to be totally honest doesnt really work the same. Monsters marked as missle type monsters like to run away when hit instead of keeping their ground like melee units do. It kinda sux.. I really dont want to wait for 1.7 to release Sf2 as its pretty much done. I just wish there was a way to make it work the way I want without waiting for 1.7. If there isnt then Ill have to work with what I have...
do it.
Renwood

lalala

Post by Renwood »

Well OZ i think they move when hit because thats what bungie thought dorfs should do when hit (run away) along those same lines...
It would be great if missle units WOULDNT change formation and move around so they can get a line of fire or "bead" on enemy units.

If you Put some archers or dorfs on a wall...set them to guard..and you would THINK the dorfs and archers would only shoot at things that were within their field of fire when set in that posistion and formation.

But NOOO the dorfs and archers have to move around to get a target and end up killing themselfs or evreybody else because they moved from where you set them.

Also units that you face a certain direction to aim that way, will turn around in an about face to look at new targets and not look back they way that they were facing before..thus letting a wight or something sneak up on them and kill them.

Something that would keep units where you set them facing no matter if they get hit or newer targets come from another direction would be VERY VERY HANDY!

O yea SF2 allmost finished eh OZ? :::Dances around::: WOO!

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!