Extended flags in fear

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
rifthead

Extended flags in fear

Post by rifthead »

Fear Documentation:
Use Extended (NEW) - This was formely the unused Is Skittish flag. Now it is used to define whether any of the following flags are used for this monster. These flags use the Grass, Desert and Sloped Terrain Costs to store their values, so unless those terrain types are checked as passable (set speed to zero if you don't want the unit to walk on them) then you won't be able to use these flags...
How do I get these extended flags to work? There seem to be more options than terrain types, and the manual doesn't really tell me how to activate the extended flags (except for charging). Can someone please tell me how to get these extended flags to work?
£N

Post by £N »

A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I think all you have to do is check the boxes now. They'll add in their own terrain costs.

The funny thing is, a couple of them add in negative terrain costs in order to work. I think I ran into that problem with "Pursues Enemies Intelligently" or something similar--and then the monster couldn't walk on grass.
£N

Post by £N »

A-Red, I think you're right, but for pc. For mac that option does not exist as far as I know. I'm using Fear 1.5.2.