http://myth4thewindage.com HAS GONE LIVE!

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

vinylrake wrote:
William Wallet wrote: You are screwing the gift horse to the barn door before the cows come home if you think ...
So far this gets my vote for "2007 Best use of a mixed metaphor on a myth forum".

Seriously. No disrespect intended, I really love a good mixed metaphor.
I can't be more sheepish about admitting this,
but Cid and I actually practice making long mixed metaphors in our spare time :/ Haha.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

I have an honest question for anyone in the developent team for Myth4. Is there a reason why this shold be a separate game and not simply a plugin for myth2?
Point

exactly...

Post by Point »

Arthim wrote:I have an honest question for anyone in the developent team for Myth4. Is there a reason why this shold be a separate game and not simply a plugin for myth2?

there is no good reason :) The wind age will be a great plugin and even more accepted and supported by the community when its only Myth the wind age. and not m4...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Im doing my part! Are you doing yours?
Last edited by Renwood on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Last edited by Renwood on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horus

Post by Horus »

The Civil War didn't all take place on one battlefield so your attempt at a jab Ren is moot.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Last edited by Renwood on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Point

lol

Post by Point »

haha thanks for the laugh Ren... for the good of your plugin and your self respect you should probably simply stop posting for anything short of "I finally get it and myth 4 was a bad naming idea" makes you look even more foolish....

and this isnt a jab I'm just pointing out the obvious it just gets harder to do and sound kind.

way back when long ago when I said if you didnt call it myth four I would help... then u didnt call it myth 4 for a bit... I helped a bit... then its myth 4 again I wish your project the best and I expect that decisions beyond the name will prove wise and fun ones for the plugin... expansion or maybe a total conversion. it amazes me you would stick to this when its so obviously the wrong path... anyway myth on Ren Myth on.

oh and for CWR should call it MYTH IV the civil age. get it really do you understand?
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Last edited by Renwood on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Ren: You are

a) Childish.

b) Wrong.

Stooping down like this is only making it worse and worse! Blindly attacking other peoples projects? Come on man.

-DA
lank

Post by lank »

in the spirit of many posts in this thread these last few days, may i present the first rule of holes, for ren's edification:

when you are in one, stop digging.

it's entirely possible for you to come out of this gracefully, ren, if you'll just stop being a hypersensitive idiot about the naming thing. frankly, we'd be over it if you didn't keep lashing out like a child at the perceived injustice of everything. it's your project and you can call it what you like; we've all outlined what we think about you calling it myth 4 and why. and we are happy (or many of us were, until recent outbursts - i'm less sure now) to support the project insomuch as it's a big TC for myth 2, using new features added to the engine over bungie's last official patch. such a thing would be more than cool, especially this late in the game, and i'd love to see something new and innovative that makes use of all the new features available to us - that seems to be what you're promising, and i, for one, haven't been poo-pooing the idea that you can release something good, if not even great as you aspire to be.

but you've basically done nothing more than indulge in self pity, name calling and insulting people. it's not graceful, and it doesn't generate interest in your project, which, if i'm not mistaken, is the point of this thread. you should have known the kind of response that naming your project myth 4 would have garnered and been prepared to explain it and stayed calm when people disagreed that that is wise. it would have been a hard slog to prove that your project stands up to be worthy of the name, but the deeper you dig yourself, the harder it will be.
*toot*
Point

Ren Ren Ren

Post by Point »

Renwood wrote:Dude you stopped working with us about 1 1/2 years ago or longer.

"You wouldnt have helped us anyways point, no matter what the title was."

"If you Care so much point, make us some kick ass flesh eating zombies that rise from an all new villager unit with GOOD animations/ tons of angles/high res and ill call it The Wind Age."
Ren you dont know me so I wouldnt judge what i would or wouldnt do... obviously I put a lot of my spare time into this game and have over the years and would do anything that time would allow to help make any plug better.... I just dont have a lot of free time in fact I have no free time all the time I work on myth takes away from other things I should be doing... And if the timing worked hell ya I would of rendered some more units for you to use or maps... but its getting harder and harder to write off all you are saying as just miss directed passion for the game... its heading more towards childish and petty and guess which one myself and probably more in the community is apt to support. so as others have said stop digging yourself in deeper and alienating your work which could be great from people that would and could help bring it to the vision you want. chill...

for the hundreath time... until a franchise licensed Myth 4 is produced... there is no myth 4 and calling anything that in public before the contract is written and paperwork is signed is simply wrong.

even if we all band together and build some amazing piece of myth work and its pitched to the holders of the franchise license and they decided to back it support it and make your dreams come true and pay for it... its not myth 4 until then so grand ideas and worthy goals aside please dont remain delusional to the concept that calling it that is wrong for anyone but the franchise license holder.
£N

Post by £N »

Who's being hypersensitive?

Let the man build his plug for gods sakes.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

£N wrote:Who's being hypersensitive?

Let the man build his plug for gods sakes.
Er yeah, that's what we are waiting to see no? No one is saying he shouldn't make it. In fact, nearly, if not all, the posts have expressed great interest in seeing this project come to fruition. This team they put together has mad talentz. I wanna see what they can belt out. This calling it Myth 4 business has no bearing on its completion (does it?). So uh...Yeah. Make it. No need for the trashing of anyone. Of course, if ren wants to lash out at people, he may find less and less support.

Wait that's what just happened and what lank said. Why am I typing this? AhhhH!

-DA
£N

Post by £N »

The only reason you should chafe at someone calling their plug myth 4 is if for some reason you feel threatened by it. If the plug is no good, then why the fuss? I'm sure a hundred plugs have been made where the creators unwittingly named it myth 4, but nobody cares about those, do they? But this is a relatively large project and involving people who have been with the community for quite some time; is that the source of the enmity? Do you feel threatened that the plug may be a colossal success?

Well if it is then maybe Ren and co. can acheive their ultimate aim, which is, from what I can gather, to stimulate greater interest in the franchise and possibly get a crack at actually designing a new title. Do you know of a better way to do this?

I won't tell ren what to call his baby, but I will wait and see how it measures up to its own standards. I figure that's a more agreeable and supportive position to take regarding someone's creative project, considering he's doing it for free and he's doing it so we can enjoy its fruits.