http://myth4thewindage.com HAS GONE LIVE!

Talk about anything here.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Anyways who really cares, if your project succeeds good job, if not meh as long as you try your best. Point is try not to rub people up the wrong way because they don't agree with you. In the long run you never know compromise may help your project. And if you really want to stick with certain ideas, just acknowledge that you believe differently, don't just label people as haters because really they aren't.

Critizim in itself can be used in a good way, you just have to be open to the idea, that the way you see things isn't likely going to be the same way everybody else does.

So you have yourself a good Christmas (if you celebrate it, if not a good whatever you celebrate).
Last edited by Horus on Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Renwood, I very much hope that you change the name of the project, and I hope that if you do not change it there are no legal ramafacations. I also hope that you suceed in this. From what you are saying on this thread it seems like your project will turn out to be really cool.
for an mmo, click this link:
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hehe, please take my post with some salt Horus... no malice intended.

It's just; I've known 'grand authors', and I've even tried the job myself, and somehow the word 'grand' never really correlated with the profession itself (getting bleary eyed from tooling around in Fear & Loathing until the sun comes up).
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

No good can come of naming it Myth 4. Its just an ego stroke.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Amadeus wrote:No good can come of naming it Myth 4. Its just an ego stroke.
I'm officially annoyed that ooga put me in the same basket as you.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Why is it so importaint to renwood that he call his project Myth4? Why is he so against calling it something else?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Arthim wrote:Why is it so importaint to renwood that he call his project Myth4? Why is he so against calling it something else?
The WHY isn't really important, but if you are really interested just read back through this thread and the author's reason(ing)/motive is explained. If you still don't understand WHY from the project-manager's perspective it's important to call it Myth 4, you can choose one of the motivations suggested by other posters.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

DRAMA-B-GON(tm)
Last edited by oogaBooga on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

DRAMA-B-GON(tm)
Last edited by oogaBooga on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

I still would like to know why Renwood insists on calling this project myth 4. Assumeing that there will be no legal ramifications the name will still generate a large ammount of hostility from the community, and that is independant of the quality of the campiagn. All of this has been said already and Renwood still persists in calling it myth4. I just wanted to know why.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

oogaBooga wrote:PS: Anyone still attempting to say using the name "Myth 4" will somehow bring around more legal trouble that projectmagma fiddling with the code should really go read a trademark/copyright lawbook.
I think the original controversy was actually that you wanted to sell the game Myth 4 to someone other than Take 2 when you don't own the copyright. That most likely would bring their wrath down on you as well as magma. However that hasn't been talked about in like 5 pages. Somehow this got turned into a debate of whether using the name myth 4 is bad. While I don't like the name, I can see no legal problems with it.

If Ren really wants to make it feel like a sequel in the spirit of TFL and Soulblighter, I'd call it Myth III ;-)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

TarousZars wrote:...Somehow this got turned into a debate of whether using the name myth 4 is bad. While I don't like the name, I can see no legal problems with it.

If Ren really wants to make it feel like a sequel in the spirit of TFL and Soulblighter, I'd call it Myth III ;-)
I was initially against the idea of calling a conversion/campaign Myth IV, but after all the discussion I've come around to the point that I actually like it. So much so that I am going to be calling my next few campaigns/total conversions the following:

Myth Four: The Windage
(looks the same as "wind age" but is pronounced Wine-dejj - so it's completely different - this one is a solo conversion that takes place in a medieval clock factory)

Myth 4: The SignAge (a totally modern 21st century conversion where you start with an intern and have to work your way to the top of a Madison Ave ad agency)

Myth IV: The Wine Age : Lots of drinking and debauchery in this one. Think satyrs and nymphs, and feuding vineyards and roman gods.

Myth IV: The BacteriophAge (think Outbreak and 28 days later and Resident Evil, you have to kill all the monkeys and other animals before they infect your units and wipe out all human life - once your units are infected they turn into zombies that attack your other units)

Myth Fore! The Golf Age - (no explanation necessary I am sure)

Meth 4: The Drug Haze - (this one is still in development)

I am sure I am forgetting a couple.... I'll post them later if I can remember them.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Horus

Post by Horus »

- See my next post -
Last edited by Horus on Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

this message is not intended with any last names or surnames attached, so don't feel referred to and please respect my well intended intentions and don't quote it.

I know it's kind of dictatorial what I'm going to say, but I personally think this thread is going kind of from bad to worst and it's tearing apart the community
I don't know who's in charge of the forums, but pleeaaaaaseeee
somebody should take an official approach and close down this thread...

it's stupid not to do so....it's a really fragile community already....to be adding rivalries by the minute ...

just my personal point of view anyways

but...I believe the community should be a place of meeting and growth, not egotistic, imbecile fights without ending.

thanks!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I second the motion!
The cake is a lie.