Halo units ?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Tireces

Halo units ?

Post by Tireces »

Ive heard about Myth-Halo projects few time but do we have any Halo models ? Dunno, warthogs, tanks, Covenant aliens, anything ?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

This is all I have :

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... chief1.mov

and I have yet to start finishing it lol
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I think that making Halo units could be on of greatest services to Myth ever. Something like 1 000 000 play Halo 3 EVERY day and proly 2 milions or maybe even 3 in a week o.O. When game has a lot of player then it has also relatilely many "hardcore-fans". Lets say that only 0.5% or only maybe 0.1% ( from 2-3 Millions heh ) are hardcore - its still a lot of players as for Myth standards, is it ?
Hardoce fan check, and if they only can buy, almost everything related to Halo - f.e. simple 2D shooter called Halo Zero was quite popular - fan-made mode "C&C: HaloGen" was so popular that M$ "attacked" its makers and production was stopped just before release of beta. Haloegn had sweet graphics and proly could be a competition to upcoming Halo Wars.
Myth engine is a "bit" ehem old so I doubt any1 could be interested in stopping creation of hmmm lets say Myth II: Chief-blighter
Myth has also big advantage over other games that it was made by Bungie - this fact should encourage even more Halo fans to check Halo plug.

Guys, lets make a HALO MOD :D
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

I don't know if it will ever be completed (I'm pretty n00bish), but I'm planning a Halo-y conversion that ties in to the halo 3 storyline about the flood-forerunner war mentioned in the terminals. Right now the only units I was planning to convert are Flood, but if my friend and I are able, we might also try to bring Masterchief over as well.

P.S., shameless self plug, if anyone wants to help me script a super-badass campaign, that'd be amazing. I've got a really good story and concepts lined up, but no idea how to script or practically implement them.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

That would be very cool for sure :D Have you got any units converted already ?
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

we're working on capturing flood renders...though it's progressing very slowly with college and all. Again, there's no guarantee that we'll be able to pull it off.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I have started to learn F&L few months ago ( and I am on PC :( - but ill try to buy an old mac soon ) but if you going to make a Halo related plug then count me in :D I think I could do most of Music/sounds stuff.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Tireces wrote:I have started to learn F&L few months ago ( and I am on PC :( - but ill try to buy an old mac soon ) but if you going to make a Halo related plug then count me in :D I think I could do most of Music/sounds stuff.
If you are buying a Mac *just* for Fear and Loathing, you don't need to spend more than $50 USD _tops_. An original or near original iMac will have builtin Ethernet and USB so you can transfer files to your PC easily and is more than powerful enough to run F&L and M2 - here in the US I've seen them for $30-$40.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

No need to get a Mac for Fear and Loathing. PC versions of them work just as good. But you meant get a Mac to mess with Amber... PC users can use Amber if they emulate Mac using a program called SheepShaver. If this is what you want, let me know and I will give you more info on it.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

lol, first person shooters may sound like a good idea...doesnt mean it is.

I want that model zeph has of the wh40k terminator!
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... s/Mech.jpg
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

what model format do you need road?

You can find it on turbosquid.com for free, but if you want my textured version i can always send you .3ds or .c4d
£N

Post by £N »

That ain't no terminator, m'boy, thats a DREADNAUGHT!
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Oh DUH!, thanks LN.

Not really sure yet Zeph, Ill get back to you on that...Ill be useing (gulp) poser 4.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Reminds me of the Blood Gulch map that I started forever go, and still haven't finished.

Thing is, that I had only made personal plug ins, and only learned from trying things out when I started. Turns out I bit off more then I realized.

I spent forever finding things out that I needed to.

From what I remember, I had down random spawn points, respawning weapons, a enter/exitable vehcile (A tank), pickup/droppable weapons, Halo style CTF, Halo Style Oddball, Halo style Deathmatch, Halo style assault, Halo style neutral flag CTF. I had it so when you held the oddball/flag there was a green arrow over your head, you walked slower, and anyone could see you, and you could only melee. Also dropped flags would respawn after 30 seconds. There were also working teleporters, and

There were a few issues left to fix, and a glitch or two I created by accident that I forgot how I created if I remember correctly. However I never had anything but WWII units, I wished I had a MC model.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Jon God wrote:Reminds me of the Blood Gulch map that I started forever go, and still haven't finished.

Thing is, that I had only made personal plug ins, and only learned from trying things out when I started. Turns out I bit off more then I realized.

I spent forever finding things out that I needed to.

From what I remember, I had down random spawn points, respawning weapons, a enter/exitable vehcile (A tank), pickup/droppable weapons, Halo style CTF, Halo Style Oddball, Halo style Deathmatch, Halo style assault, Halo style neutral flag CTF. I had it so when you held the oddball/flag there was a green arrow over your head, you walked slower, and anyone could see you, and you could only melee. Also dropped flags would respawn after 30 seconds. There were also working teleporters, and

There were a few issues left to fix, and a glitch or two I created by accident that I forgot how I created if I remember correctly. However I never had anything but WWII units, I wished I had a MC model.
Wow - this sounds like some neat stuff. :)