Myth II Fails to Open

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Lord Raven

Myth II Fails to Open

Post by Lord Raven »

I vaguely recall having encountered and beaten this problem before, but that was a few years back and in my Mac days.

Basically, I've installed Myth II on my PC (XP) and whenever I try to open it I get a message informing me that "Myth II does not have enough free memory or swap space to launch. Try closing other applications you have open or freeing up more hard drive space and trying again".

What's the deal? This PC is a Korean built beast, and has ample amounts of everything. I can run the latest games on maximum settings without the slightest lag.

Obviously I've tried closing everything and opening it, but I still get the same issue. Any ideas?
Everyone explodes...
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Running 1.6 and all?
Lord Raven

Post by Lord Raven »

I couldn't even get 1.6 to install. I'll give it another try, but I think there may just be an issue with the image I installed from. (My M2 CD is back in Oz while I'm abroad, so I'm having to make do with shonky CD images :( )
Everyone explodes...
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

How much RAM does the computer have?
Lord Raven

Post by Lord Raven »

2GB
Everyone explodes...
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

You need to get 1.6 installed. Old versions of Myth II incorrectly detect the amount of RAM when > 2GB.
Lord Raven

Post by Lord Raven »

Got it working! Found an alternate CD image (alongside TFL and TWA, yay) and installed the updates without any problems. Man, it felt good to see my first molotov explode since 2002!
Everyone explodes...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

welcome back!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Lord Raven

Post by Lord Raven »

Now to get to re-acquiring what was once an impressive collection of third party content. I guess some of it is lost to the ages now. Really wish I'd backed it all up back in 02 when I went off to college and left my old iMac behind :cry:
Everyone explodes...
lank

Post by lank »

go here to the OoH battle plan. if you download all the bigzips available to you, you'll have gone a long way towards filling out your collection with generally fun and playable stuff (albeit relatively little that's solo-based).
*toot*
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

lank wrote:go here to the OoH battle plan. if you download all the bigzips available to you, you'll have gone a long way towards filling out your collection with generally fun and playable stuff (albeit relatively little that's solo-based).
The OoH BattlePlan is by far the most comprehensive collection of fun-tested coop maps around, for even more 3rd party stuff, check out the Tain and for coops/solos Myth Addicts have a nice starting collection. (and of course udogs has most everything else.)

If you get all those files and your HD isn't full yet, there's various map and plugin treats and morsels to be found at most of these sites

If you remember something and can't find it, ask away. Someone is bound to know where to find it.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.