Amber source

Talk about anything here.
teronas

Amber source

Post by teronas »

does anyone have amber source so that I can attempt to port it to x86?
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

I'm pretty sure it's long gone. Love to be proven wrong though.
teronas

Post by teronas »

I hope not. I don't think i would be able to disassemble and port it. Atleast not in any amount of time that would be reasonable.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

We don't have it. We've tried contacting the original author without success. Perhaps you would have better luck.
teronas

Post by teronas »

I will try to contact the author. If you have any means of contacting him, would you please PM them to me. thanks, bryan
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Who wrote Amber again? Vodi?

-Oro
"Harden The Fuck Up." - Dalai Lama, 1990
Skeetz

Post by Skeetz »

Isn't Tahoe the Windows equivalent of Amber? I understand that the last version was still a beta, but if the author is different, maybe you'll have better luck contacting him.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yes, kinda. Tahoe is the the retarded cousin of Amber. Amber can make new collections, modify existing collections, import/export bitmaps, import/export alphas, import/export color tables, set the collection's minor settings, and add hue changes to a collection.

Tahoe can open existing collections, replace/export bitmaps, replace/export color tables, and set the collection's minor settings. Tahoe can't modify a collection's key points, reg points, selection boxes, shadow placement, adjust where the actual bitmap images are placed, nor can it add new sequences. (not even delete sequences)

So if you really want to do stuff Amber does, the only option Windows users have is to use SheepShaver to emulate classic Mac OS to run Amber.