Plugins due in 2008? List?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
The Elfoid

Plugins due in 2008? List?

Post by The Elfoid »

Lets see what's on the cards for '08. I hate the silence here lately, but perhaps there is some fun stuff due?
Point

Post by Point »

lets see coming to a myth 1.6 1.7 near you in 2008

CWR

CWE

B32

CPR Reloaded for 1.6 1.7

AOM

and probably early 2009

Warfare AvA

all can be found here >>>

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... ds/Points/
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Point which of those are solo and which are multi? If I'm doing multi it's all MWC maps right now, but some solo would be cool.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

SF2:Deathgorge
SF2:Divided by Hate

Probably more SF2 GOOODIES

Quarantine
Point

Projects 08

Post by Point »

unfortunately I am not much at scripting... so they are mainly multi until someone volunteers to help script them... they do have some test coops in them though nothing fantastic and new yet...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

point thats the best cmap I've ever seen
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Looks great to me too! Can't wait toplay it! RELEASE THIS STUFF SOON(tm)!!!!

to be fair, PART of why the colormap probably looks a little better than your average colormap is because that picture of the map was rendered in a 3d app (Bryce mb?) - that's definitely not the myth engine creating that crystal clear image.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Maybe I'll find time to do Bar Room Brawl 2, it's like 4 years in the making or something though so don't hold your breath! Though why you would I'm not sure, it seems like a very silly thing to do when breathing is so important to your everyday lives.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Actually Vinyl, that brilliant render was taken with Melekor's new 1.7 Detail Texture app called Oak.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I think this map looks better as a multi then as a coop.

It has a similar layout to Deathgorge, a SF2 map I scripted.

Base seems to be in both corners, small passes on the other corners.
A big middle for fighting and some roads on the east and west sides. It was very hard to script because everything is open!
Point

projects..

Post by Point »

Zeph wrote:I think this map looks better as a multi then as a coop.

It has a similar layout to Deathgorge, a SF2 map I scripted.

Base seems to be in both corners, small passes on the other corners.
A big middle for fighting and some roads on the east and west sides. It was very hard to script because everything is open!
i havent played death gorge yet i dont think ... thymers though.... anyway a basic defend harras and some times attack script is all that would be needed i think... they defend their trenchlines and base everyonce in a while they scout and when they get their dander up they cross no mans land or launch a flanking attack... ;)

what would be great if I had a basic script like that to just be able to re adjust for each terrain...

defenders guard...
scouts and recon patrols go here and there
attackers move up form formation and advance...

etc...
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

A year ago there were so many projects happening. Seems things are pretty dead now.
haravikk wrote:Maybe I'll find time to do Bar Room Brawl 2, it's like 4 years in the making or something though so don't hold your breath! Though why you would I'm not sure, it seems like a very silly thing to do when breathing is so important to your everyday lives.
Exactly how much is done?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The Elfoid wrote:A year ago there were so many projects happening. Seems things are pretty dead now.
Nah, probably due to the fact that this thread is about plugins due this year so there is bound to be some plugins that won't be due this year.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Graydon wrote:Actually Vinyl, that brilliant render was taken with Melekor's new 1.7 Detail Texture app called Oak.
?? I thought Oak was officially Dead. If not, I want details, and I want them now gdi. (Oak does 3D renders?> wth?!?!?! wow!)

purty please details?

Please lets not have secret versions of tools that only SOME mapmakers have access to. Let's not start a caste system of mapmakers REWEASE THE SECWET WEAPON - OAK!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Point

vin...

Post by Point »

Vin like 1.7 its in testing and testers have beta builds of it... if you have time test stuff and patience to report what you find Sign up to be a tester and join the tester forum for news and releases of things in the works for myth....
vinylrake wrote:
Graydon wrote:Actually Vinyl, that brilliant render was taken with Melekor's new 1.7 Detail Texture app called Oak.
?? I thought Oak was officially Dead. If not, I want details, and I want them now gdi. (Oak does 3D renders?> wth?!?!?! wow!)

purty please details?

Please lets not have secret versions of tools that only SOME mapmakers have access to. Let's not start a caste system of mapmakers REWEASE THE SECWET WEAPON - OAK!