Myth IV

Talk about anything here.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

VR ~ master of quoting things that are only 1 or 2 posts above and thus need no quoting.

lets see what purdue says on the matter:

Remember that quoting should be done only sparingly; be sure that you have a good reason to include a direct quotation when you decide to.

~8^)
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood. YOU are lecturing me on effective communication?

Funniest. Renwood Post. Ever.

No wait, now that I think about it, I'd have to say the posts on mwc08.com where you tried to justify how smart your strategy of killing your own peasants in that MWC assassin game were a lot funnier. Pure comedy gold imo. But that was a whole slew of posts, so maybe this recent one is still the single funniest individual post you have ever written. either way, Well Done! I always appreciate your humor.

btw, I was going to reply to ELFOID's post where he quoted your earlier post and had written a response, then thought "Nah I don't really need to send that" so deleted the text. Apparently I posted instead of cancelling, but I didn't say anything TO OR ABOUT YOU, ALL I posted were your own words - NO COMMENTARY WHATSOEVER ON MY PART. If you have a problem seeing your own words in print perhaps next time you might want to check your posts before sending, as apparently that 'stream of consciousness' style of 'communicating' isn't working out so good for you.

...waiting for the inevitable string of adolescent profanity...
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Come now VR, you know you like to put quotes inside of quotes inside of other quotes.
Peach Out
Baak

Post by Baak »

I think you guys need a timeout. :|
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Baak wrote:I think you guys need a timeout. :|
Seconded.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:Seconded.
Says the guy who throws digs up ancient grudges and throws gas on them by posting Blades' personal facebook url on the hostile mwc forums last month?

Hear that sound? It's the sound of Irony laughing at you.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I never know whether to quit Myth in disgust or stay here just to spite you guys. :D
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Anyways....this thread had something to do with myth pfhor,

I will be posting a video soon of some of the things we have done recently, like 3X further view distance and some of the high res effects ooga and i have created over the months.

Here is a short list of some of the little things we are working on now:

1.Randomly floating body parts.

2.More colors of gore I.E when thrall or wights are hit green, red, yellow puss colored or purple goo/blood will come out and stain the map.
Its cool to see the map stained with so many colors of gore, it looks a lot more nasty then just bright red blood all over.

3.flies that appear and surround bodys and piles of gore if there are enough.

4.flowing blood from bodys and body parts.

5. mandrake roots that FLOAT! yay!

6. AI ghols that when are low red health will run away and NOT engage the player with melee, but will look for stuff on the ground that they can throw at the player's red units and then run away and repeat.
(Super harass, much like human players do when they have a RED GHOL)

7. Watch out for the white ghols! They will look for dropped roots and run off with them and throw them into deep water where the player cant reach them. bastards!

just a little insight into the types of shit we bother adding to the lands of myth.

-Renwood
Peach Out
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

vinylrake wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:Seconded.
Says the guy who throws digs up ancient grudges and throws gas on them by posting Blades' personal facebook url on the hostile mwc forums last month?

Hear that sound? It's the sound of Irony laughing at you.
I'm sorry VR, that was a moment of poor tact :(
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:I'm sorry VR, that was a moment of poor tact :(
you don't need to apologize to me Elf, I was just pointing out that you don't exactly have the most sturdy base of moral authority from which to comment on my behavior. Now if we were talking about a studly moral base, I am sure you would be a good authority, but a sturdy moral base, no.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

hahaha
I'm gone 4 months and I see things haven't changed a bit

a true reflection of our poor human race...until the shithouse goes up in flames...

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Carlinho if the bickering between two people is enough to convince you of the impending doom of man, you havent watched enough national geographic!
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Its sad indeed that evreytime i post something positive about our project or inform people of things we have implemented or added features nobody responds at all.

BUT the second people percieve i have said something negative about anybody/anything tons of people comment and respond multiple times a day?

I have been offered a few jobs recently, and with funding just about gone and the negative atmosphere of the myth community in general, (case in point, NOBODY even adds a link to our website on any of their community links. even though evrey other myth related website under the sun is listed) im not sure im going to put more then another month into development on myth related things. so far its been allmost 4 years, and i belive thats about all i can do.

We will be ready for our presentation soon and at this point i dont know if myth is worth bringing into the future.

-Renwood
Peach Out
Baak

Post by Baak »

I thought some of what you listed sounds pretty neat, Ren. There does seem to be a lot of emphasis on blood/guts/gore in this list, but I definitely like the idea of being able to see further - I'm not sure if it will play better, only because it may make sneaking up a lot harder - will have to play it to find out.

Funny you mentioned the web site link(s)... I went back to look at the Mything Links page (on the OoH site) and I was sure TWA was on there, but now I cannot see it. Not sure if I put it under a different name, or it was down/moved awhile back, or what, but I'm not sure how to find it - it's not listed in your profile or signature. I'd definitely put up the one you prefer.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

Carlinho if the bickering between two people is enough to convince you of the impending doom of man, you havent watched enough national geographic!
hahaha absolutely!
still it makes me wonder why the last year has been so negative and fought

no harm intended,
well, I'm trying to find the time to re-start work on myth and trying to gather the greek team to kick in some persians

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.