ZBrush Soulblighter

Talk about anything here.
remedial

ZBrush Soulblighter

Post by remedial »

I've always wished I knew ZBrush (or had the software for that matter) so I could do some stuff like this:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showth ... p?p=405951
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

there are some rotated and detail views in the video posted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9iMZfwfHoE
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

That dude is pretty damn impressive!

Whenever i see things made in Zbrush or Zbrush in action its allways very cool lookin.

thanks for posting this, i never would have seen it otherwise
Peach Out
remedial

Post by remedial »

Renwood TWA wrote:That dude is pretty damn impressive!

Whenever i see things made in Zbrush or Zbrush in action its allways very cool lookin.

thanks for posting this, i never would have seen it otherwise
Agreed!, watching the in-progress ZBrush videos are awesome.

I'm not sure if they've released the newest ZBrush for Mac yet- I remember trying to get my hands on it but its been delayed a bunch of times.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

remedial

Post by remedial »

!!! Nice
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Anybody looking to get into 3d modeling but cant afford the programs should check out "Blender" its a free and very powerfull it is also widely used in the industry.

the key to 3d modeling, like anything else you pick up from scratch is to be able to suck at it while learning and keep motivated and practicing untill you get good at it.
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I second ren's recommendation. When I initially tried out Blender several years ago it was a basic-generic 3D still modelling app, but these days it has all kinds of mad crazy features that let you do animation, compositing, physics stuff - it's just insane all the program can do - AND most amazing of all is that it's free.

http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/features/
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

ya i got blender and it RULES its overall the best 3d modeling tool ive ever used :)

-Sonixboom
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Yes a few of the dev team members on our project are going to all get into blender, each learning a different aspect of it.
Ill work on modeling, Classic will work on rigging models and ooga will work on animation. This should help us learn the program faster and be able to help each other along the way.
Peach Out
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

O BTW there is a program called Hexagon 2.5 that can do most of the things Zbrush can do. and its waayyy cheaper then Zbrush.

You can paint textures on models in 3d in real time with Hexagon and do all kinds of modeling as well.

Check out some of the videos of it in action at their website, just look up hexagon 2.5
Peach Out