Can't run "9 vs Fallen" on MYTH II v1.6

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
The Vile

Can't run "9 vs Fallen" on MYTH II v1.6

Post by The Vile »

People form ProjectMagma, I've updated my MYTH II from v1 to v1.6. The game plays nice now! But I can't run the custom map "The 9 vs The Fallen Lords v1.0" (great work done by Souly/OnyX, big credits to him for this). I simply activate it as a plugin but the loading process always stops a little before finishing and the map can never be played. How can I fix this?

Okay, I'm going for now...
If ya wanna war, come into! I'll be waiting for you!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I think it might require vTFL to be on.

If that doesn't work, post your myth log here.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Do you have any tags in your local folder?

That's the only thing I can think of that would cause a plugin to go back to the menu on load. Your mythlog should indicate which types of tags, and their tag headers that are conflicting.

Clear your local and try it.
The Vile

Post by The Vile »

Well, here goes my myth_log.txt after another unsuccessful attempt of loading the map:

2008-12-15 13:09:12
Myth II Classic Build 290 running under Modern Windows 5.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Using DirectInput
Mouse appears to have 3 buttons and 3 axes.
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_PlayMythBlue
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue.smk'.
Running Direct3D (SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 series) at 800 x 600, 16 bit
Starting mesh "The 9 vs the Fallen Lords" with 1 plugin...
The Nine vs The Fallen Lords v1
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\unit_definitions.c, line #181: UNIT- 01 agemoralia unit definition has mismatched collection reference (gem1) and monster (alri).
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #589: unit definition postprocess failed on 'UNIT- 01 agemoralia'.
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\shapes.c, line #1232: sequence #2 not in [#0,#2) for "journal" collection
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #589: monster definition postprocess failed on 'heron guard'.
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\unit_definitions.c, line #181: X heron guard hero unit definition has mismatched collection reference (jour) and monster (jous).
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #589: unit definition postprocess failed on ' X heron guard hero'.
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #503: couldn't read header for collection definition 'th01'.
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #503: couldn't read header for collection definition 'th01'.
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #589: projectile definition postprocess failed on 'thrall dead body'.
Error: Data Mismatch in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #589: projectile definition postprocess failed on 'thrall dying body'.
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue.smk'.
Closing Myth.

About the tags folder, it contains all kinds of installations available from the MYTH II CD (cache, small install, international small install, medium install, international medium install, large install and international large install).
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I said LOCAL folder, not TAGS folder. Check your LOCAL folder and see if it has any _tags_ in it.
The Vile

Post by The Vile »

Graydon wrote:I said LOCAL folder, not TAGS folder. Check your LOCAL folder and see if it has any _tags_ in it.
Hmm, no tags in my LOCAL folder... nope... sorry for the initial mistake...
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Did you try activating vTFL?
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

looks like your missing some stuff. but that appears obvious. try DL again mb?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

As a side note, you have PlayMyth plugins in there eventhough PMnet has been offline for a long time now. This wouldn't stop you from playing a plug, just thought I'd mention it. MariusNet is the only server around these days.
The Vile

Post by The Vile »

Did you try activating vTFL?
I don't know where I activate this...
looks like your missing some stuff. but that appears obvious. try DL again mb?
I've re-downloaded the map file 3 or 4 times to no use... oh darn...
As a side note, you have playmyth plugins in there eventhough pmnet has been offline for a long time now. This wouldn't stop you from playing a plug, just thought I'd mention it. MariusNet is the only server around these days.
I'm trying to play it solo, if the map allows soloplay...
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

There is a vTFL checkbox when beginning a new game (solo).
The Vile

Post by The Vile »

There is a vTFL checkbox when beginning a new game (solo).
I've tried both "vTFL" and "Anti-Clump" but none of them solved the problem... Hmm I think I'll have a break on this for now...
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

ok before you start game, tilt head slightly to the left, move your tongue to the right of your mouth. Stand on your right tippy toe hit start game. then let out a big sigh followed by a woohoo. That should do it....

.... Then download Mazz
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Some plugins that have a lot of tags in them may not work if you have a lot of recordings and saved games (as the combined number of tags runs into a limit). Perhaps this is the case here.

Try renaming your recordings and saved games folders and see if it works.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The Vile wrote:
Pyro wrote:As a side note, you have PlayMyth plugins in there eventhough PMnet has been offline for a long time now. This wouldn't stop you from playing a plug, just thought I'd mention it. MariusNet is the only server around these days.
I'm trying to play it solo, if the map allows soloplay...
It was just a "side note". By the way what OS are you running? Not that it matters... but if you are running Windows 2000 or newer you should try running on the Modern build instead of the Classic build which is what you are using. As I said earlier.... its just a side note... won't hurt you either way.

But the issue might be what Myrd has stated. Too many recordings and/or saved games. So rename the "recordings" folder and Myth won't see those recordings.