Vitality?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Arthim

Vitality?

Post by Arthim »

Is it possible to edit a unit's vitality in fear? I can't find anything that would do that.

If not, what do I use to edit unit vitality?
for an mmo, click this link:
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

maximum number of hit points :)

-Sonixboom
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

I figured it out, you have to edit the object that the unit uses.
for an mmo, click this link:
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

ya that will work also

-Saint †
The Vile

Post by The Vile »

I figured it out, you have to edit the object that the unit uses.
Yeah, that's right! To edit the "health" of a unit in Fear go to the OBJECTS folder, choose the desired object and mess with the vitality (and the damage modifiers as well, heh heh heh...).

Also, if you want to edit the damage inflicted by any attack, go to the PROJECTILES folder, pick the desired projectile (ex: trow kick, brigand sword swing, bowman arrow, dwarf bottle lit etc) and click in the Edit Damage button, now mess around with that too!

For a more complete understanding about all the junk (no bad interpretation intended), I recommend downloading Myth II update for v1.6, since it contains the latest documentations for both Fear and Loathing.
If ya wanna war, come into! I'll be waiting for you!
Topsy Kretz

Post by Topsy Kretz »

Not to confuse things, but a units health can also be set in game via the Unit Control Map Action.

Of course I don`t recall if it can be set to an actual amount, or just a % of the OBJE tag setting.

DOH!! Now I`m confused. :oO

::goes to bed::
"Do you want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

sure something like that :opens fear: hm... my 40K units appear to have hit points. since tyour using the reg myth units they dont have guns and stuff so therefore no hitpoints :)

-Sonixboom
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I'm going to regret it... but what are you talking about Sonixboom? Hitpoints? Regular Myth units don't have but 40K units do?
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

I believe that there's no such a thing like hitpoints. Only unit's health in object tag. But if there is such a thing I would like to know where to find it Sonixboom :wink:
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Hitpoints implies an integer value, but in Myth you can cause 0.00001 damage to a unit (not via script though, I think it's limited to a higher value) :)
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: