The Fortress of Doom II Final (Definitive Version)

Talk about anything here.
Soulblaster

The Fortress of Doom II Final (Definitive Version)

Post by Soulblaster »

After finding out some issues with previous version of TFD, I decided to work some more in a new version of my plug. I was about to give up on map-making, but since I've noticed the map is gaining some popularity among mythers, mb its worth a try...why, thx!

Well, here are some of the changes and fixes:
- New boss with new attacks
- Stronger boss, without health regeneration
- Boss now can die
- Sitting God heals faster
- Now map can be played with more than 7 players
- Balistas will not shoot our own units
- Enhanced stone arrows for archers
- Enhanced ring of fire for warlock
- Bonucar attack is stronger
- Fixed chant pitch
- Added a couple cheats, just to make map funnier...and some more small significant corrections, besides those above.

P.S.: I have posted links to two other versions of TFD in this topic before. If u have downloaded the versions: The Fortress of Doom II b1 or The Fortress of Doom II, please desconsider these versions and trash it.

This is the link to the definitive TFD II Final

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0Final.zip
Last edited by Soulblaster on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

SB - a Fortress of Doom II? oh how great is this? Very!

Since FoD is my recent fave coop, I'll give FoD2 a try tonight!

w00t!

(and thanks!)
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Yeah Viny, thats for real! guess what? to make things even better, I've named an unit after you!!..:)
Last edited by Soulblaster on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

I wanted to show u guys in game, but ill give a clue before hand...if certain unit taunts mid, before all the gates are totally open, something fun will happen...:)
Last edited by Soulblaster on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Soulblaster wrote:Yeah Viny, thats for real. And guess what? to make things even better, I've named an unit after you!
huh? As long as it's not the peasant who tries to hide by dressing up as a woman.... w00T!
spa

Post by spa »

soul, you fix the end boss yet - so that it dies?

also - still looking for info on how to resurrect dead units with the mage from SW corner.

ill be running it as soon as you've got that endboss cleaned up.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Yes Spa, end boss script is ok now.
Mage can only ressurect initial player units (warlock, heron guard hero, mortar, dwarves, zerks and archers) that die by enemy melee attacks. Usually you will see a small green orb in the location the unit passed away. Now, if the unit dies by explosive, fire or any attack that dmgs body, that will be impossible to bring back. Units can only be ressurected one time. Its also good to say that ressurected heron can summon reinforcements as well.
Last edited by Soulblaster on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

holy crap this will pwn face, as for the VR unit, i kinda hope its the warlock. they seem to have similar wisdom and insight

-Saint †
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I'll need to try it co-op, I played it for a bit solo but it got a bit much, ended up just backing my way into a corner of the keep try to use the ramps to herd the enemies into a killing zone, but it got very deadly (units firing at friendlies a lot).

Seems a good map though! Oh, and btw, who the heck picks up the green shade-cubes? I couldn't get any of my units to pick it up.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: