Map-makers "Bag of Tags" resource!

Talk about anything here.
Soulblaster

Map-makers "Bag of Tags" resource!

Post by Soulblaster »

Althought my "bag of tags" website doesn't have everthing that myth game can offer yet, I believe it alredy has a pretty good gama of tags that can help map-makers in their respective projects. Well, talking about it, I felt I should announce the releasement of "MYTH - Bag of Tags Website". Officialy, I'm oppening a space for the Myth community to help me in the task of taking this project foward, with suggestions, corrections, and the most important, with adding stuff to the site! I know there're a lot more tags out there, so if you know of something that isn't posted in the site, please use this topic and lemme know. I have four main categories for these tags, which are: ARTIFACTS, MODELS, SCENERY and UNITS. I intend to add more categories in the future, like WW2 tags, special tags like LEGO, Final Fantasy, etc. So far, I've added tags from plugs like: TSG, BUSHIDO, THE FALLEN LEVELS, JINN, DREAMSEEDZ and a lot more. Remember, the site will always be under construction. If you find something that looks like out of place, oddities, or incomplete, it's because that. Well, enjoy the site and dont forget to give the authors the credits for their work...believe me, they spent a long time working in these tags, so u could have fun with them...:)

www.freewebs.com/soulblaster
remedial

Post by remedial »

WHAAAAAAAT.

These dinosaurs by souly look awesome-

*fires up Myth*

Might have to make some ridiculous dinosaur map now.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

taking the myrk standard from TFL would be nice :)
remedial

Post by remedial »

Oh, and also- great resource! Thanks again.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

sure! Ill do my best to keep the site up and running...enjoy!!
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

That's some great stuff Soul :D

I've had this site in my favourites for some time already.

Keep up the good work! :wink:
Baak

Post by Baak »

Aye, great stuff! Been on the OoH Mything Links page ever since I first saw it. I'll move it up to the Essential area since it's so important for mapmakers (and you're keeping it current).

Just found a broken link: 3rd Party -> Throwers

Dang, Carlinho -- every time I see your units I want to play the Greece plugin!! Argh!!
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Thanks for linking the bag of tag site to yours guys. Now I know more ppl will reach it and have a chance to know it's there...cool! I gotta say you guys have done an awesome job in your respective websites too. I just finished Sisters of the Blade and about to start Chimera...here we go again!! Ops, u're right Baak, fixed.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

sorry baak!
I 've been gone for months now...
hopefully I can come back one day and finish that....
sigh...
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I'm contemplating allowing the community to use the Bones of Feros units (dont get too excited its only a few units and 1 small map).

If I do it might be after an OFFICIAL release (Spline and GimpMask entrusted me with the units but they never delivered the REST of the resources so ive been perpetually sending emails forever and calling spline at Full Sail college where he teaches as a professor).

So yeah i'll release a tagset with the units how they were when I was on the BoF team (they asked my help "fixing" their attacks and when i showed them the changes they were ecstatic).

I'll probably release BoF tagset and right after you can put them up on Bag of Tags, souly.

Its got the best dwarven golem ever!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

ooga, that would be awesome to have the Bones of Ferros units, I think the only thing I've ever seen in a map from that project was the guard tower someone put in a map that was released um... last year? or the year before? I forget the name of the map, it was mostly flat with lots of rivers and units from probably half a dozen different projects.

These have been on my wish list for ages.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

oogaBooga wrote:I'll probably release BoF tagset and right after you can put them up on Bag of Tags, souly.
Heh I think you mean Soulblaster, cause he isn't Souly. :)
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Thanks ooga! I look foward to it and...you also have an awesome modified warlock, that i'd love to post in a near future. Well, I gotta leave clear that I respect you guys work, and I never post something that is been used in a current project. I have some units i haven't posted yet, like "the tormentor" from TFV, cuz i know its a project thats is still going on...oh well, i have to wait, don't I? Now, anything else that you guys own and don't mind to be posted in my site for other players to use their creativity on it, will be very welcome. Talking about Souly, just for the records, he gave green signal for any of his units, to be used as we wish, so i've got them (not everthing yet) in the site. By the way, i'm almost done with chimera...:)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Souly seriously needs to come back and talk on here and hotline.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

The Tormentor is going to have a different model in TFV if we can help it, and I'm not sure if much effort was put into the tags found in the demo, given that he isn't involved in gameplay.

In other words, please feel free to rip The Tormentor, provided you do it from the demo and not from a TFV beta.