Looking for the PC version of Ballistic

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Baak

Post by Baak »

vinylrake wrote:Ask Baak. Maybe he could host it and entry on TheTain could link to OoH site.
Clem gave me permission to host and mirror Creation's work on the OoH site, but expressly stated it was only to remain there (VR was also given permission to host docs on his excellent mything.org).

I rebuilt the Creation webpages so they work properly, which includes Seventh God and the Clemapalooza sites.

Try http://mirrors.orderofhpak.com/Creation/CreationGames

(i'll build a simpler url for this tomorrow)
You can also just click Creation at the top of any orderofhpak.com webpage or check the Mything Links page.
Last edited by Baak on Mon May 25, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Would it be possible to have entries for Creation plugins on the Tain, but instead of download links have a redirect to Baak's site? That way people searching the Tain for them would at least be pointed to where the files can be found.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Baak

Post by Baak »

iron wrote:Would it be possible to have entries for Creation plugins on the Tain, but instead of download links have a redirect to Baak's site? That way people searching the Tain for them would at least be pointed to where the files can be found.
Seems reasonable to me. How does one do this? I'd be willing to put entries for them if u tell me how (no dl link but a link to the relevant mirrored page so people could get the whole Creation experience).
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

... and here's where we need DA or one of the other Tain admins to speak up :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

iron wrote:... and here's where we need DA or one of the other Tain admins to speak up :)
Not a clue. Need to poke Myrd or TZ.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

If it's not a simple thing to create a Tain dl page with no file to download, you could just zip and upload a placeholder text/html file with the URL link to the Creation Mirror, so if someone doesn't read the Tain page with the link on it and just downloads the file they'll have the link on their desktop.
ElusiveMind

Post by ElusiveMind »

I've managed to install a working copy of CodeWarrior 8 on my 10.5 Intel Mac. And to top it off, I've managed to build Ballistic with it. So I have a working build of the latest version of Ballistic.... for Macintosh. The windows build didn't fare so well, but I think I know why that is. Once I get things up and rolling, I'll make these available. I also want to make sure there isn't some BETA flag set or something that might cause these to timeout at some interval.

I'm hoping to have my "ElusiveMind.com" web site set up here before long and I'll start organizing things there like SVN and what not. I'd like to move these projects out of CodeWarrior and perhaps get some Visual Studio/XCode stuff happening at some point. The "trick" will be getting YAAF to compile in those environments as well - although I guess a pcl of those would work also.
mbagnall@elusivemind.com - @ElusiveMind / @FlyingFlip
Developer - Myth III, FlyingFlip Studios
Baak

Post by Baak »

Very cool indeed, ElusiveMind. :)
Baak

Post by Baak »

I've created the following URL shortcuts as promised:

The Seventh God:
http://tsg.orderofhpak.com

Creation Games:
http://creation.orderofhpak.com
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Death's Avatar wrote:
iron wrote:... and here's where we need DA or one of the other Tain admins to speak up :)
Well, let's get this rolling.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Awesome Michael. No worries, it's just Windows after all. Just make sure that OSX version is spiffy :-P
Baak

Post by Baak »

Jon God wrote:
Death's Avatar wrote:
Well, let's get this rolling.
It's in the mill. Unintentional pun left intact.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

As someone who has JUST started playing Myth III - this is all great news!

ps. welcome 'back' to Myth.
ElusiveMind

Post by ElusiveMind »

More good news.

I dug out my 9 year old Clamshell iBook last night and it still had all my old MythDev stuff on it - including CodeWarrior. Build Ballistic right up for Windows and Macintosh.

Trying to move all that stuff over to my iMac and replicate.

Looks like there are a ton of updates from 1.0 to the 1.01 version that we were working on when everything went on hiatus. I'll compile all this stuff tomorrow (I have school tonight) and try to get an update here shortly. Also trying to feverishly update my site so the ball can really start moving on stuff.
mbagnall@elusivemind.com - @ElusiveMind / @FlyingFlip
Developer - Myth III, FlyingFlip Studios
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Wow old school Clamshell Mac. VR, that might give you're old relic a run for it's money. :lol: