Post by Pyro »

Maybe this helps for reference.
GodzFire

Re: The M3 Interface for M2: A work in progress

Post by GodzFire »

Back again with BETA 6 and some HUGE updates:

- Brand new Metaserver window!

- A spot on Game Paused window!

- And finally, a built from scratch, new Load window!
(PS: We know about the date issue. It's location is hardcoded into Myth, which awesome Myrd is correcting for 1.7.1)

There are some big things possible now that I found a better way of handling color palettes.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

BETA 7 is now available, and with it, pretty much every online window is now in the M3 interface style:

-- New Windows:
- Net Game
- Net Game Preferences
- Film Stats
- Find Player
- Join Game Failed

-- Other Fixes:
- Main font color back to yellow from red
- Tabs now working correctly and showing transparency
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

*channels Myrd*

Myth 3 Interface Beta 8 is now available for release.

- New in this release is the completion of all size status and control bars to the (most likely) finalized versions as shown below:

- Areas of testing should be the 640, 800, 1024, 1152, 1280, 1440, 1600, 1680, 1792, 1920, and 2048 resolutions with button placement and clicking on them to make sure their active states are in the same position as shown above. 1792, 1920, and 2048 testing are especially needed since I do not have a monitor of that size.

Post by Avatara »

This is very impressive. Keep up the excellent work.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myth 3 Interface Beta 9 is now available for testing. I estimate that over 90% of M2 has now been converted.

Notable additions of B9:

- Select Interface

- No Blood

- Save Game

- Configure Controls

- Saved Films

Other changes include tweaking the scroll positions in New Game/Load Game, transparent scroll bars, Server Switch and Autohost windows, background texture for online rooms graphics, and some other minor tweaks.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myth 3 Interface Beta 10 is now available. With this release, 100% of all M2 has been converted.

Additions of B10:

- Multiplayer Window:
(Note the Servers button positioning will be corrected in 1.7.1, thank you Myrd!)

- TCP/IP Internet:

- Preferred Games:

- Missing Plugins:

- Main Preferences:

Other changes include a redone Main Menu background using a fresh color table, an additional Title song, updated Game Hints window, and other small fixes/improvements.

BARING ANY OUTSTANDING ISSUES, THIS WILL BE THE FINAL BETA BEFORE PUTTING OUT A RELEASE CANDIDATE.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

The scroll bars in the preferences look a bit off, anything you can do with that?

The outline of "no blood option' in the prefs is too large, it looks a little strange.

Some main menu buttons 'jump' when you click them, when others don't which is a bit strange.

Main menu button placement is, IMO, awful. It wasn't like this in Myth 3.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myth 3 Interface Beta 11 is a small update which includes the third and final of the M3 Main Menu themes, as well as M3 Win/Loss music.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

GodzFire wrote:Myth 3 Interface Beta 11 is a small update which includes the third and final of the M3 Main Menu themes, as well as M3 Win/Loss music.
The win/loss themes for all levels, or only the M3 port levels?

If it's all levels, it seems a little odd. No ned for it, let the M3 port do that. The interface should be able to work fine with things other then the M3 port, like the Myth 1 interface.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

The scroll bars in the preferences look a bit off, anything you can do with that?
Not sure what you are talking about here. I checked both Myth Prefs screens everything looks normal on this end. A screenshot should help.
The outline of "no blood option' in the prefs is too large, it looks a little strange.
I think I am going to fix the 2 or 3 scrolls that have white titles to match the red font.
Some main menu buttons 'jump' when you click them, when others don't which is a bit strange.
That is an unfortunate side-effect of how the glow letters were cut. Besides completely redoing them from scratch, there's not much I can do, and even if I did, the problem could remain.
Main menu button placement is, IMO, awful. It wasn't like this in Myth 3.
Yes I know you're quite against that layout. One thing you need to keep in mind is the control dialog creates a "square" of clickable area. If any of them overlap, it will "slice" off a piece of the overlapping area. I'll see what I can do, but again, no promises here.
The win/loss themes for all levels, or only the M3 port levels? If it's all levels, it seems a little odd. No ned for it, let the M3 port do that. The interface should be able to work fine with things other then the M3 port, like the Myth 1 interface.
I will remove the win/loss music, since I realized that can, and most likely will, interfere with other plugin combinations. It will also trim down the Interface's total size, which is good, since the audio files are by far the largest part of it.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

If you seriously can't be bothered to fix up the Main Interface to be the same as Myth 3s, now that you've done all the other work, I'll step up to the plate and offer my services. I'll make you a brand new main menu, redoing the buttons so that it's all clean cut. This is a nice product, why let a little issue like that drag down the overall quality? What do you say?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

The M3 Interface Betas are now complete. A new thread will be created with the first Release Candidate.

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=4514