Official DoD thread! Post comments, suggestions, or bugs!

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

Re: Official DoD thread! Post comments, suggestions, or bugs!

Post by GodzFire »

We had two DoD Legendary games last night with 10-12 people. Here's some observations on rc31, (some of these might be already mentioned but not changed yet):

- Mazz's Taunt to bring people back DOES work, but it seems to have to taunt numerous times in order for the script to 'find' the ones that were taunted away and bring them back

- Make TUNI's to check if a certain type of unit is dead, so the Peasant won't continue dropping power-ups for it

- The General still has that 11 ammo icon

- Reduce the size of the General's shield power-up. It's currently sometimes stuck in the ground. Keep the current Reflection Sheild droprate, but if you have to still include the Fire and Electricity shields, reduce them drastically

- Check on Mazz's spawning with a random power up. Sometimes he has 1, sometimes 2, sometimes he has 0

- Have the Frost Giant drop multiple power-ups so it's worth going all the way over there to kill him. Especially in higher difficulty games where going there is your last hope, he should drop 4-5 powerups, again using the TUNI described in the first point to make sure the powerups are for an alive unit

- Remove the satchels

- When the Sorcerer has a certain type of inventory selected, maybe Inv 0, the White Mage is not able to heal him with his normal heal attack

- The White Mage's main heal attack sometimes doesn't hit the ground and instead breaks apart in mid-air. This is a real issue because it will then miss most of the intended target

- The White Mage's uniquely healing abilities brings a problem with it. I've experienced being completely out of powerups and mana, where my only attack was the staff attack, however, if the unit is alive like a maul or ghol, it will refill their health, and the WM will be helpless. Can you change that attack to pure damage?

- Heal Burst attack is rather weak. You have to run right into a fight in order for the effects to really be felt, and you're just one hit away then from dying from a Trow

- Peasant sometimes doesn't throw anything out, in the sense he throws the "pink" things, but nothing spawns from them

- Archers are still too fragile. In yesterday's game poor CosmicTruth was doing a great job with the 4 archers, but even a single Sorcerer firewall would put them in the red. Instead of having 4, I suggest combining 2 into 1, giving them the health of 2 archers, and increasing their bow inventory by 1 or 2.

- The Sorcerer and Mort portraits are messed up:
Just change the Sorcerer's background color to transparent, and move Mort's picture down and you should be fine

- Warlock of Elements's walk speed seems to be very slow, even worse than a Thrall

- The Holy Liberator seems to be too weak against Fireball and Electricity damage. I would raise his resistance by 25%

- If you still have Viles in your map, they aren't showing up. I don't think we saw one in the games yesterday

- Finally, DoD crashed multiple times while trying to start a game yesterday. We had a packed house of about 12 or 11. It looks like it can't handle more than 10 people. I uploaded the crashlog to PasteBin HERE for you to take a look it.

-------------------

I know this seems like a big list Gleep, but in all honesty, most of these are just fine tunes. I think DoD is very close to being a Release Candidate. It's incredibly fun, and I think this plugin is a big part in keeping Myth alive. Above all else, excellent work; please remember that! :-)
Last edited by GodzFire on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoso

Post by zoso »

woohoo, i finally beat 31 leg. did have one save however.
took 2 hours 20 mins by myself, mazz was dead, and had to finish game with just hgh. had to just wander around waiting for roots cuz was out. there aren't many enemies attacking that late in game however.

good work, gleep
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Thanks Godz for bringing up a few things I forgot and a few things I didn't know about. Hopefully I can work on DoD some more this weekend. Just seems like small things to change on this map end up taking a lot longer than I think they will. So instead I started working an another map, uh oh.

Way to go solo Zo! Thanks. Guess it needs to be harder! :wink:
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Another map? No way Gleeps! You gotta finish at least the Light side. It's too good to be left in beta forever. Your choice about DoD Dark.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Don't worry, I won't neglect DoD. This new map is no where near as ambitious, and is a remake of a remake of a remake to give you a clue.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

One last thing I forgot for my list:

- Lib's Zealot attack. Something has to be done about the pushback, especially on thrall, because he ends up hitting a thrall once, the thrall goes backwords, he pauses, runs to the thrall, pauses, attacks again, then repeat. He spends most of the time running to a single enemy while getting hacked by any other enemies around him.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

We just beat rc31 on Legendary, and there are a few final things I think need tweaking, in addition to what I mentioned above:

- The Ghost Mort random splashes need to be removed or drastically toned down. Near the end of the game I made a max vetted White Mage with full health, that was completely obliterated in 1 hit from a random ghost mort splash. That's really not fair, to lose a unit like that

- There's a real problem with the Myrk Giants attacking, and then running away. As it stands, none of the units can catch him, so they just keep chasing. Because the MG's do a double throw, I believe to counterbalance it, the MG should be JUST slightly slower than the Heron Guards/Mazz so if he runs away they can catch him

- Mazz's Flame Path special: The damage is really subpar, it could use an increase. The same thing applies to the Whirlwind, but not quite as much

- There is some kind of problem with bringing back units through the taunt. There are times where you have to taunt like 50 times in order to get a unit back. I'm not sure if it's just cycling through all the tagged units in Loathing or what. We also saw the Strider's aura in a taunt back, but he never materialized

- Finally this bug comes from Oooga: Green archer crystal makes them use a messed up sequence where they disappear and shoot 1000 times a second. They turn into a body part or something (lol, like the General does when you play Dark! -Godz)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Gleep, I haven't seen you around in a few weeks now; you're scaring me. Where are youz?
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Heh don't worry. Real life is keeping me busy. I did work on DoD and fixed a lot of the main issues. Think I resolved everthing but: needless projectile deletion scripting, vile not reappearing, taunt script adjustment. So basically Loathing stuff I have to jump into.

The player limit thing is scary. I think there may be too many units in the game so I may have to delete something. Vile probably. I'm not happy with warlock either, but not sure what I'm going to do about it.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Here's a few random things that might help you Gleep:

- First the difficulty levels and players suggested:

Having played this way too many times with various diffs and group sizes, I think the following would be more accurate:

Timid (1-2 Players)
Simple (3-4 Players)
Normal (5-6 Players)
Heroic (7-8 Players)
Legendary (9+ Players)

- Here's a screenshot of your Mesh Limits in Loathing for DoD rc31:
I really don't see anything bad there.

- Looking into the DoD Collections in Oak, I've found the following collections that aren't used and could be removed:
COLL Sorceress
COLL golem mortar
healer
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Wow, half of my post just randomly disappeared when I pressed the Submit button, that sucks. *sigh* lemme retype:

- COLLECTIONS (continued)
poacher
wizard
GEOMETRICES
camphand_08_geom

- In Loathing I was checking around about the monster limit. Pyro was giving suggestions to ChrisP about Mazz6 and using MUNGs. Maybe he can offer some suggestions to you. It might be more tough because you use more monster levels, (ie ghol, ghol brute, ghast, iron ghast).

- Not really sure what this was, but I saw it in Loathing:

- If you can, upload your current rc32 version with the changes you have done so far. Me and Zoso can put it through testing to make sure issues listed are properly taken care of and give instant feedback. I am also creating OmniPatches for new versions so people only have to download the small patch instead of the whole thing.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Here I saw Gleep on the 13th and he said rc32 might be out in a day or two, and I got all overexcited. *sigh*
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Well since Gleep seems to ran off again and left DoD in a partially unfinished state again, I decided to put out a bug fix version (rc32a) which addressed some of the major issues with rc31, like Ghost Mort splashes 1 shooting units and Satchels being dropped by the Peasant which were useless. I corrected a number of items, and hopefully this will act as a fix until Gleep comes back and puts out an official rc32 which corrects everything that's been listed in these threads. Unfortunately my Fear and Loathing skills are rusty at best, so I did what I could.

The rc32a OmniPatch is about 380k in size and located at the link below:
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0Rc32a.omp

Use rc31 as the base plugin for patching.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I put this out awhile back, but forgot to post it. I've updated DoD to rc32c. It includes some additional fixes and tweaks.

The PATCH for rc32a to rc32c is here: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0Rc32c.omp

The full PLUGIN is available here: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0Rc32c.zip

The PATCH for rc31 to rc32c is here: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0Patch.omp

Sadly, I don't think Gleep will ever be coming back and DoD will remain unfinished since I don't have the depth of Fear/Loathing knowledge to fix some issues, unless someone would volunteer to help me like Point or Pyro.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

boo. I'm not dead, but my computer was.